Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sending addresses from phone to car

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My S was just updated to 2018.39, but nothing changed in my Tesla App (I have the latest version), and there are no Tesla icons showing up in the sharing sections of the map apps on my phone. Is there something I need to do to engage the new features in the Tesla app?

It works on my X now. Do you have iPhone or Android? I have latest Android app.. I think version 3.6.0? I didn't have set anything in the android app to make it work. You did scroll all the way down to the bottom right? "T" is all the way down low on mine... but once I did it once, it pops up on the top.

It works on my X now. Do you have iPhone or Android? I have latest Android app.. I think version 3.6.0? I didn't have set anything in the android app to make it work. You did scroll all the way down to the bottom right? "T" is all the way down low on mine... but once I did it once, it pops up on the top.
Thanks for replying. I have an iPhone X, and I just found the Tesla icon lurking in the "more" section of the sharing pane of Google Maps and Apple Maps. Once I found the icon, I enabled it, and now all is well. Thanks again!

Reactions: Bogobec and Need
My S was just updated to 2018.39, but nothing changed in my Tesla App (I have the latest version), and there are no Tesla icons showing up in the sharing sections of the map apps on my phone. Is there something I need to do to engage the new features in the Tesla app?

Actually, I just found the Tesla icon lurking in the "more" section of the sharing pane of Google Maps and Apple Maps on my iPhone X. So, once I found the Tesla icon, I enabled it, and now all is well. Thanks again!

The option of controlling the audio from the phone app is only available when the phone is paired to the Tesla. Go to your Tesla, turn on so the blue tooth is synced. Then app will show "MEDIA" which allows to control the audio selection and volume. Additionally, if you look up direction on your phone with Google Maps, you can press the "share" icon and then the Tesla app icon to share those directions with your vehicle. You should be at 3.6.0 on the app. To look at the app without connection to the vehicle will appear to be no change.

Google Maps Tesla.jpg Google Maps Tesla 2 (2).jpg