Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

'Sense' home energy monitor

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

nwdiver

Feb 17, 2013
United States
I ordered a 'Sense' last week. I had seen these previously but they didn't have a solar version until recently so I wasn't that interested. I also failed to realize how sophisticated it was. With extremely high resolution (1M/sec) sense is able to identify every device in your home by it's electricity signature and itemize everything... at least that's the claim. It's also supposed to have the ability to detect a failing appliance by changes in it's profile.

It's going to be interesting to see if it works as advertised and what percentage of my electricity use goes into my car. I think it's ~50%... I have a very small and efficient home. Has anyone else ordered one? How long should it take for me to receive mine? I've heard that they're backordered :(

That looks interesting, I wonder how it handles things on different circuits and how it can tell one bulb from another, or if you have 2 TVs that are the same model, how it can tell those apart.

Would love to hear more once you have it.