Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sensitivity of security alarm

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’ve had two instances now where the car alarm in the Model 3 has gone off incorrectly.

On the first occasion I was standing about 20m away from the parked car, and a loud Harley Davidson rumbled past. That triggered the alarm.

Second occasion it was triggered by a passing bus. I was able to identify this from a review of sentry footage.

So clearly it’s very sensitive. Is there any way to adjust this? It looks like you cannot have sentry enabled without arming the alarm.

I’ve had two instances now where the car alarm in the Model 3 has gone off incorrectly.

On the first occasion I was standing about 20m away from the parked car, and a loud Harley Davidson rumbled past. That triggered the alarm.

Second occasion it was triggered by a passing bus. I was able to identify this from a review of sentry footage.

So clearly it’s very sensitive. Is there any way to adjust this? It looks like you cannot have sentry enabled without arming the alarm.
In New Orleans on the 15th floor of a hotel I heard dozens of car alarms going off as a car with a huge set of subwoofers drove by setting them off. It was a thing to do at one time.......

Got a mini heart attack today as I street parked my brand new model 3 in San Francisco (where car break ins are extremely common). Got the alarm event notification on my app, rushed to check the car and turns out the alarm event was a ricer Honda civic with an exhaust driving by (not even quickly, it seems). Definitely too sensitive, would love to be able to adjust.