Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sensor/Autopilot Issues

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I continue to receive the autopilot features unavailable as well as parking assist and cruise control are unavailable. I setup appointment with Tesla Service Center who told me after remotely checking my MS it shows I have faulty front driver side sensor but yet everyone I pull in my garage or the vehicle senses I am too close to an object all front sensors work. The other issue I have is that on my instrument cluster it does not show the lanes of the street nor vehicles next to my vehicle. Has anyone experienced these issues?

Attachments

• 65F07A37-16D0-4D94-85B4-393446F207EF.jpeg
    65F07A37-16D0-4D94-85B4-393446F207EF.jpeg
    415.9 KB · Views: 795
  • C3D01682-F61A-4587-8C68-05EA43665C1F.jpeg
    C3D01682-F61A-4587-8C68-05EA43665C1F.jpeg
    447.2 KB · Views: 154
  • 533B802A-2F84-4297-B969-D7CD3DBC212A.jpeg
    533B802A-2F84-4297-B969-D7CD3DBC212A.jpeg
    412.8 KB · Views: 140
  • B78615BF-C02F-4716-A1AB-6BD45F65826E.jpeg
    B78615BF-C02F-4716-A1AB-6BD45F65826E.jpeg
    212.6 KB · Views: 148
Press the Warning Triangle icon at the top of the screen to see all of the errors. The errors you are seeing are only the condensed errors for display to the driver. The detail may give you some more information. Unless everything checks out, it will disable certain features.

Is your car pre-facelift nosecone model? Can you elaborate more on “PPF does cover the front sensors” case? You had the sensors covered by the film?
Yes it is but I did install Unplugged Performance front bumper and yes the PPF film does cover the sensors on the bumper. I am currently at shop where PPF was installed having them cut out PPF from around sensors to see if that helps. I believe the autopilot issue is due to me needing recalibration of the radar which Tesla just recently did not even two months ago.

I continue to receive the autopilot features unavailable as well as parking assist and cruise control are unavailable. I setup appointment with Tesla Service Center who told me after remotely checking my MS it shows I have faulty front driver side sensor but yet everyone I pull in my garage or the vehicle senses I am too close to an object all front sensors work. The other issue I have is that on my instrument cluster it does not show the lanes of the street nor vehicles next to my vehicle. Has anyone experienced these issues?
Yes, that same issue started on my 2017 S yesterday.

The park assist is unavailable as well as the navigation on auto pilot. I made sure all of my sensors were clean and then did a soft and hard reset, but the issue continues.

I logged in under service and I and have an appointment next week

Yes, that same issue started on my 2017 S yesterday.

The park assist is unavailable as well as the navigation on auto pilot. I made sure all of my sensors were clean and then did a soft and hard reset, but the issue continues.

I logged in under service and I and have an appointment next week
Please let us know if it gets fixed - my 2014 S has the same issue! Tesla has canceled two appointments so far on me, so I have no clue what's up with mine.

I'm also experiencing erroneous front proximity sensor readings on my 2018 MX. It just recently occurred and I noticed it immediately because I use this feature to gauge the distance from the wall when parking my vehicle. Tesla mobile service suggested that it could be interference from my license plate/bracket assembly which I've had on my vehicle ever since I got it. It's as though the software is somehow misinterpreting the feedback from the sensors.

Yes, autopilot works and it only seems as though the calibration, i.e. my distance from the wall, is off. I am assuming the problem is either software or the sensors in the way the software is interpreting the feedback. My only concern is whether this problem could in any way affect some other functionality of the vehicle.