TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Sensors in doors and trunk are much more sensitive after 17.26.76

Discussion in 'Model X' started by johnschlemmer, Jul 16, 2017.

1. johnschlemmer

johnschlemmer Member

Has anybody noticed that, after the latest update, the sensors on the doors and trunk seem much touchier and keep an even greater distance between objects that they detect? I used to be able to open the falcon wing doors in my garage, and now I can’t. Same with the trunk - I used to be able to open it all the way, but now I’ve learned (after hitting my head on the half-opened trunk a few times) that doors don’t open nearly as far as they used to. There’s a huge amount of space it leaves now and it’s quite annoying. Is anybody else experiencing this? Is there a way for service to adjust how much space the sensors leave when detecting objects? Never thought such a small change in sensor sensitivity would make things significantly less convenient for me, especially with the doors in the garage.

• Like x 1
  2. ninefiveone

ninefiveone Member

Are you sure the "open doors fully in this location" checkbox didn't get unchecked when you got the update?

3. johnschlemmer

johnschlemmer Member

Positive. That check box doesn’t seem to completely override the sensors. And the trunk wouldn’t have changed from that either.

4. dragonxt

dragonxt Active Member

Sensors seem the same to me.

5. ninefiveone

ninefiveone Member

Trunk is tied into the same roof sensor the FWDs use and as far as I know that's the only sensor the trunk uses. Hence if the trunk thinks it can't open all the way, it has to be the roof sensor telling it not to. So either your roof sensor happened to go wonky with the update (unlikely) or there's something off about the way it's using the roof sensor data.

I may be totally off on your problem but these firmware updates do funky things to settings. Sometimes if you un-toggle a setting, open things, and then re-toggle it, things work properly again. Won't take you more than a couple of clicks and a few minutes of time to try it.

6. vandacca

vandacca ReActive Member

Try rebooting your main center console screen (hold down thumbwheels). If that doesn't work, make sure there isn't any bird droppings on your roof sensors.

7. DrivingRockies

I'm seeing the same thing. Much more conservative in their opening.

8. outie

outie Active Member

Now you mention it, yes. My passenger side FWD used to open higher inside my garage. Now it doesn't open as high.

9. Evil.Labrat

Evil.Labrat Member

Exactly the same for us.