Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sensors in doors and trunk are much more sensitive after 17.26.76

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anybody noticed that, after the latest update, the sensors on the doors and trunk seem much touchier and keep an even greater distance between objects that they detect? I used to be able to open the falcon wing doors in my garage, and now I can’t. Same with the trunk - I used to be able to open it all the way, but now I’ve learned (after hitting my head on the half-opened trunk a few times) that doors don’t open nearly as far as they used to. There’s a huge amount of space it leaves now and it’s quite annoying. Is anybody else experiencing this? Is there a way for service to adjust how much space the sensors leave when detecting objects? Never thought such a small change in sensor sensitivity would make things significantly less convenient for me, especially with the doors in the garage.

Reactions: DrivingRockies
Trunk is tied into the same roof sensor the FWDs use and as far as I know that's the only sensor the trunk uses. Hence if the trunk thinks it can't open all the way, it has to be the roof sensor telling it not to. So either your roof sensor happened to go wonky with the update (unlikely) or there's something off about the way it's using the roof sensor data.

I may be totally off on your problem but these firmware updates do funky things to settings. Sometimes if you un-toggle a setting, open things, and then re-toggle it, things work properly again. Won't take you more than a couple of clicks and a few minutes of time to try it.