TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Sensors on Model X Picking up non-existent objects?

Discussion in 'Model X' started by Product_Guy, Oct 5, 2017.

1. Product_Guy

Product_Guy Member

I was pulling out of a parallel parking spot today and my Model X started chiming like crazy, warning me that I was about to hit something. I got out of the car and didn't see anything that I was close to hitting. I got back in the car and started again and the same thing happened. I got out again and looked under the car and still did not see anything. I went ahead and pulled out and everything was fine, but the Model X kept chiming.

After I got on the road, it rapidly chimed again and showed ~8 cars on the dashboard screen all stacked on top of each other.

This was the front, right sensor. Any ideas why this happened? Has anyone else had a similar experience?

2. boaterva

boaterva Supporting Member

Man, that needed a pic to post! I think that also needs a call to the SC to have them look at the logs. May/probably is a bad sensor or something was reflecting weirdly?

3. Product_Guy

Product_Guy Member

I tried to get a picture of all the cars that popped up on the screen, but they went away fairly quickly. If it happens again I’ll try to get a picture.

I just talked to the service center (already had an appointment for Monday) and she just laughed and said it should be fine. She said it’s more than likely just a faulty sensor.

4. boaterva

boaterva Supporting Member

I assume they mean it's okay to drive until you bring it in, but that sure sounds weird. :D Don't try to drive through any other piles of eight cars!

5. Product_Guy

Product_Guy Member

I’ll try not to!! It was very weird. Maybe Elon added the ability to detect cars and objects in the “The Upside Down”.

I’ll update the thread once I get the car back from the service center.

• Like x 1
  6. vandacca

vandacca ReActive Member

@Product_Guy, you weren't following a truck hauling cars by any chance?
    [​IMG]

• Funny x 1
  7. Product_Guy

Product_Guy Member

I was not - the ironic part was that wasn't a single car around me (of any kind!).

8. T3xrr

T3xrr Member

Ever heard of haunted cars?