Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sensors on Model X Picking up non-existent objects?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was pulling out of a parallel parking spot today and my Model X started chiming like crazy, warning me that I was about to hit something. I got out of the car and didn't see anything that I was close to hitting. I got back in the car and started again and the same thing happened. I got out again and looked under the car and still did not see anything. I went ahead and pulled out and everything was fine, but the Model X kept chiming.

After I got on the road, it rapidly chimed again and showed ~8 cars on the dashboard screen all stacked on top of each other.

This was the front, right sensor. Any ideas why this happened? Has anyone else had a similar experience?

I was pulling out of a parallel parking spot today and my Model X started chiming like crazy, warning me that I was about to hit something. I got out of the car and didn't see anything that I was close to hitting. I got back in the car and started again and the same thing happened. I got out again and looked under the car and still did not see anything. I went ahead and pulled out and everything was fine, but the Model X kept chiming.

After I got on the road, it rapidly chimed again and showed ~8 cars on the dashboard screen all stacked on top of each other.

This was the front, right sensor. Any ideas why this happened? Has anyone else had a similar experience?
Man, that needed a pic to post! I think that also needs a call to the SC to have them look at the logs. May/probably is a bad sensor or something was reflecting weirdly?

Man, that needed a pic to post! I think that also needs a call to the SC to have them look at the logs. May/probably is a bad sensor or something was reflecting weirdly?

I tried to get a picture of all the cars that popped up on the screen, but they went away fairly quickly. If it happens again I’ll try to get a picture.

I just talked to the service center (already had an appointment for Monday) and she just laughed and said it should be fine. She said it’s more than likely just a faulty sensor.

I tried to get a picture of all the cars that popped up on the screen, but they went away fairly quickly. If it happens again I’ll try to get a picture.

I just talked to the service center (already had an appointment for Monday) and she just laughed and said it should be fine. She said it’s more than likely just a faulty sensor.
I assume they mean it's okay to drive until you bring it in, but that sure sounds weird. :D Don't try to drive through any other piles of eight cars!

@Product_Guy, you weren't following a truck hauling cars by any chance?
Car_brokers_auto_transport_reviews_and_testimonies.JPG

• Funny
Reactions: boaterva

Ever heard of haunted cars?