Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sensors stuck or something.......

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So this has now happened to me twice. The picture of the car on the screen just stays the way it is with no road
showing, signs, or anything. Just has the side sensors stuck "on". I just magically fixes itself once I park and go
do something else. When I come back out for a drive it's good to go again. You can tap the car and the screen
moves and makes the car smaller. FSD and AP work fine with no errors.

I'm on 2021.4.11, 2021 Model Y delivered about 3ish weeks ago.

Attachments

• 20210308_112919.jpg
    20210308_112919.jpg
    509.1 KB · Views: 101
  • 20210308_112633.jpg
    20210308_112633.jpg
    297.3 KB · Views: 61
On your first picture, it appears that Autosteer is available, which is very odd. Try a scroll wheel reboot, or even better power the car off from the menu but do not exit the car or touch any controls for at least five minutes.

This latter method of "reboot" tends to reset computers beyond the display MCU.

So this has now happened to me twice. The picture of the car on the screen just stays the way it is with no road
showing, signs, or anything. Just has the side sensors stuck "on". I just magically fixes itself once I park and go
do something else. When I come back out for a drive it's good to go again. You can tap the car and the screen
moves and makes the car smaller. FSD and AP work fine with no errors.

I'm on 2021.4.11, 2021 Model Y delivered about 3ish weeks ago.
Maybe the sensors are blocked by salt, road grime.

OK. Did the whole power off and wait 5 minutes. Will have to see tomorrow on my next errand. One thing to add.
My sentry seems to like to flash the lights quite a bit. In my garage and outside. No idea why so often. Like once every 5 minutes or so.

Unless you absolutely need Sentry Mode when parked at home it is better to set Sentry Mode Off at your home location. Sentry mode uses a relatively large amount of power when active and the Tesla vehicle never enters sleep mode. This is important for the Tesla to be able to calibrate the battery and measure the open cell voltage (OCV).

• Informative
Reactions: chammerbeck
This happened to me one day after installing 2021.4.11 too. It happened right after I parked next to flowers that had the sensors go crazy, so I thought that was the issue, but I now realize it wasn’t, seeing that it happened to others. I got home and let is reboot itself overnight. That was over a week ago now I think, and hasn’t happened again.

Reactions: chammerbeck