Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sent my MX 75D to service center and got a MS P100D loaner car, yeah!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla service center loaners will all be P100Ds with Ludicrous, says Musk

“Our policy for service loaners is that the service loaner fleet will be the very best version of a Tesla that is available” said Musk during the Q1 earnings call today. “If you have a Model X that comes in for service, the service loaner you will get will be the absolute fully loaded state-of-the-art P100D Ludicrous … Model X that we have. Same for Model S.”

• Informative
Reactions: boaterva
SoCal, man oh man, you gotta be more careful with how you say stuff here. "Sent my MX...". The way people are hoping, thinking and praying for autonomous driving mode, people are gonna jump on this thread thinking you 'summoned" it to go to the SC on its own. THAT, I want to see a picture or video of, please. :)

• Funny
Reactions: Shopi01

“Our policy for service loaners is that the service loaner fleet will be the very best version of a Tesla that is available” said Musk during the Q1 earnings call today. “If you have a Model X that comes in for service, the service loaner you will get will be the absolute fully loaded state-of-the-art P100D Ludicrous … Model X that we have. Same for Model S.”

That's interesting I didn't know that. I got p100d once and 85 other time.

From the call yesterday, as @nikeykid said, it looks like this is a goal, as they are ramping up getting Tesla loaners and demo cars to the SCs; as an added note, when I was trying to get an overnight X demo, first it was: don't have any, impossible, how about an S? Then, if that's what you want, sure, here's a brand new 75 D. So, seems like some of production is going here.

Elon Reeve Musk - Tesla Motors, Inc.

Yeah, in fact this will take us a few months to fully deploy. But our policy for service loaners is that the service loaner fleet will be the very best version of a Tesla that is available. So if you have a Model X that comes in for service, the service loaner you will get will be the absolute fully loaded state-of-the-art P100D Ludicrous best Model X that we have. The same for the Model S. So it'll be the kind of thing where you hope that service takes a long time, because you have the absolute top of the line Tesla as a service loaner.

Seeking Alpha Transcript 2017Q1 Call

Edit: Clear in the article, anyway...

The many loaners I have driven here in Marin were P90DL and P100DL. Just yesterday I got two S P100DL loaners. Started the days with one blue S P100DL with black interior and glass roof... then they sold it so by evening they came to my house to swap cars. The news P100DL loaner is also blue but with tan interior and pano roof... it's so new the pedals are still plastic wrapped. Weird to say, but I actually enjoy having to take my car in for an issue for the pleasure of driving another cool Tesla. Plus, all my neighbors now think I have a Tesla car collection.

Sadly, max speed is capped at 85mph. That's the only draw back!

• Informative
Reactions: cdub and SoCal Tsla
The many loaners I have driven here in Marin were P90DL and P100DL. ... Plus, all my neighbors now think I have a Tesla car collection.

Yeah, I know what you mean. I have a new 90D and have posted my P85 looking for someone to buy it. In the mean time both are in my garage. Sometimes, in the late afternoons, when I open my garage door, there's a crowd of groupie-kids or kids-groupie (sorry don't know what's the proper syntax is for pod of kid Tesla-natics) pointing fingers at both cars and grinning. Makes me so self conscious I wished the self driving works so I could lay flat in the seat as I drive away.

• Funny
Reactions: Peteybabes

Honestly speaking, I don't think that will ever happen... the investors won't let him do that once the Model 3 is on the road...

SoCal, man oh man, you gotta be more careful with how you say stuff here. "Sent my MX...". The way people are hoping, thinking and praying for autonomous driving mode, people are gonna jump on this thread thinking you 'summoned" it to go to the SC on its own. THAT, I want to see a picture or video of, please. :)
lol i used "brought" first but didn't feel it's appropriate... so I changed it to “sent”... English is never my first language lol

• Funny
Reactions: Akikiki