Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sentry active at Home...???

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got the 2019.24.4 update and now Sentry Mode is active at Home.
Have checked address setting for Home - it's accurate.
Have rebooted the MCU.
But Sentry activates every time I walk passed the car while parked in the garage.
Never did this before.
And, yes, I checked the settings and Do Not Activate at Home is selected.

Thanks.

Yep, mine is doing the same thing. Well actually it's not mine anymore but the shipper picked it up yesterday and I turn off sentry mode and it keeps going back on. I sure hope that it does not drain the battery a lot while it's in transit and how is it storing date when there is no zip drive plugged in. odd.

Have rebooted the MCU.
But Sentry activates every time I walk passed the car while parked in the garage.
Never did this before.

Thanks.
Same problem. Feel like it is a bug. Had some random alarm.

Have rebooted the MCU.
Never did this before.

Thanks.

Does the car think it's at home?

When I installed 24.4 the car reset its location to Palo Alto at Tesla HQ, and as a result turned off the scheduled charging and activated Sentry mode.

A standard reboot didn't fix it, but later a deep reboot (brake pedal as well as buttons) did. Folks on the forum who had the same problem said it reset after they drove a little.

Even though the nav did still 'say' I was at home, I went ahead and deleted it....
The re-registered it as home.
Selected disregard home and favorites (my home is my only favorite...) and it appears to be working properly again.