Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sentry Alarm Notification

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Good evening!

So, I went to Cheshire Oaks today (didn't get to use the chargers there due to not being able to find them:oops:).

After a spot of shopping with my mum and sister, we decided to sit down for some dinner this afternoon. Midway through the meal my phone notified me that the sentry alarm had gone off on my car.
I think I shot up and ran to my car as fast as Usain did his world record 100m dash!

...Only to find nothing had happened and the machine was still sat in its parking spot looking sharp as always.

I did a quick walk around the car to make sure nothing had damaged it as I noticed that the car on the driver side had left and a huge RR Sport had squeezed in. But nothing.

Anybody else experienced something similar? Where the app notifies you of the alarm but then you get to the car and nothing?

Checked sentry footage and from the clips i have watched (i haven't watched them all as there are far too many), there is nothing out of the ordinary o_O

We have had one alarm notification - other than when I jacked the car and tilt went off :oops:

observations:

1. didn't physically hear the alarm - we were in a restaurant with door open just up the road from the car - would have expected to hear it so not sure if it really went off - unlike tilt alarm but I was kneeling down by front wheel!
2. only one of our two (his and her) phones got the notification - both have alarm notifications and both get other notifications like charge etc
3. no obvious reason for the 'alarm' - we were on end of row of parked cars and best guess that a bus got too close and rocked the car - based on jacking experience

We have had one alarm notification - other than when I jacked the car and tilt went off :oops:

observations:

1. didn't physically hear the alarm - we were in a restaurant with door open just up the road from the car - would have expected to hear it so not sure if it really went off - unlike tilt alarm but I was kneeling down by front wheel!
2. only one of our two (his and her) phones got the notification - both have alarm notifications and both get other notifications like charge etc
3. no obvious reason for the 'alarm' - we were on end of row of parked cars and best guess that a bus got too close and rocked the car - based on jacking experience
Could be the Range Rover that park up next to me after a little renault clio but that seems a bit far fetched :confused:

I'll have another look around the car tomorrow to see if I can see any damage but i'm pretty sure there is nothing out of the ordinary.
The bay next to me that had movement all looked above board - no door dings, the other parties carefully alighted from their cars, no spiteful actions towards the car, etc. (the left side had the same car when I left as when I arrived so no suspected movement there either).

Strange...