Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sentry Cam no longer recording every event after update?

mlkmade

Aug 10, 2019
San Diego
After the most recent update for my M3 SR, 2020.48.35.5, my sentry cam no longer records all the events.

Several times this week Ive got into my car to see there are multiple events, today was 8, and go to view on sentry viewer and there is only 1 video of me getting into my car.

Sentry cam/events has always worked fine before this, it has nothing to do with my SSD, the type of port, brand or whatever. It's always worked and now it doesn't, I've changed nothing.

I switched up honk to record to test if that works and indeed that works fine. Took the drive out and reformatted it clean as well.

Any suggestions? Thanks!

S&B's M3

Jan 10, 2021
USA
I noticed that last week. Since I'm still on lockdown, I don't drive any of my cars very often so I don't know if it was an aberration or recurring issue.

Reactions: mlkmade

elptxjc

Dec 15, 2019
El Paso, TX
I haven't checked Sentry after the update. But I didn't know we had to reboot the system after each update. Is that the case, even if you're not having any issues? Or only when you do? Thx.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC