Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sentry Camera Image Corrupted

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Beta V

Author, Dad, Mentor, Technology Critic
Nov 8, 2017
Redmond, WA USA
I got a Sentry alert and discovered I have to pull the USB memory stick and view the videos. On two of the three cameras I got what I expected--boring pictures of not really anything around the car. My MX was pointed into the open garage-style door of the gym so I saw a bunch of men lifting weights. BUT the left-hand side camera was fuzzy to unviewable for about 3/4 of the frame (the top was fine, the bottom was fuzzy and pixilated. This was the case for all videos taken with that camera. I didn't check until two days later, so I checked today's videos. They seem to be fine.

Anyone else seen this as well?

I got a Sentry alert and discovered I have to pull the USB memory stick and view the videos. On two of the three cameras I got what I expected--boring pictures of not really anything around the car. My MX was pointed into the open garage-style door of the gym so I saw a bunch of men lifting weights. BUT the left-hand side camera was fuzzy to unviewable for about 3/4 of the frame (the top was fine, the bottom was fuzzy and pixilated. This was the case for all videos taken with that camera. I didn't check until two days later, so I checked today's videos. They seem to be fine.

Anyone else seen this as well?

I have periodically had the same issue. I'm not sure what triggers it. Always seems to be the same camera (left side).

Same problem here

Since I updated to 2019.12.1.2 my right repeater camera video clips are only about 2,000kb versus 28,000 for the left repeater and front. Instead of being a 60 second clip it is only a blurry/glitchy 15 second clip.

Anyone else noticing this problem?

The (usually left repeater) video problem is very common. Try walking around the camera's field of view to give it some motion in the bad video area. It should be working then. It only seems to happen when there's no motion in that area of the video. It fixes itself if something moving enters the area. So you won't miss any of the action if there is some. That's what our's does. No guarantees for everyone else.

• Informative
Reactions: VQTRVA
I have this issue too, it started with the left side repeater and ranges from really poor quality video to 0kb being recorded and lately I've been experiencing issues with the right side too. I've contacted my local service centre and it's under investigation, my initial conversation with the service advisor suggests it could be a firmware issue and not a camera issue.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-05-02 at 5.40.47 pm.png
    Screen Shot 2019-05-02 at 5.40.47 pm.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 171
  • Screen Shot 2019-05-02 at 5.41.06 pm.png
    Screen Shot 2019-05-02 at 5.41.06 pm.png
    3 MB · Views: 66
  • Screen Shot 2019-05-09 at 9.03.04 am.png
    Screen Shot 2019-05-09 at 9.03.04 am.png
    1 MB · Views: 66
I have noticed this too...usually left repeater. Yet the recent videos are perfectly clear. So it appears to be a software bug as opposed to a failing repeater cam. Hope Tesla can fix this. Let's all start putting in bug reports so the Mother Ship knows about the issue....

Reactions: VQTRVA
I have noticed this too...usually left repeater. Yet the recent videos are perfectly clear. So it appears to be a software bug as opposed to a failing repeater cam. Hope Tesla can fix this. Let's all start putting in bug reports so the Mother Ship knows about the issue....
Yep.
Left repeater. Mostly when car is parked does the LR file contains jibberish.
On the move, the LR files comes up clearer - maybe not as good as the Front cam or RR - seems to me also a software fix since it has improved from 80+% jibberish rate to about 33% now for me in the last week.

on 2019.12.1.2 here.