Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sentry Creator App

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So after looking around in different places for creating memory sticks/sd cards for dashcam/sentry mode, I found there were loads of different ways to do it, and often involve downloading formatting software to get things to work.

I thought I would make things a little easier for myself (and others hopefully!) and create a bit of software to make the process a little easier:
SentryCreator.png

I've created a little app (Mac only at the moment!) to perform the formatting of the drive for me, and create the TeslaCam folder once formatting has completed. If you want to use your USB/SD for media too, it can create a separate partition on the drive so you can use it for media and dashcam at the same time (Split 50/50 at the moment).

I would like to know if there is interest in the app, if there is I will develop it further (More features to customise) and release it for others to use too (and create a Windows version).

Let me know what you think!

Great idea, I would be interested in a Windows version

Use Formatting with RMPrep (option 3) - will also check for fake media and can recover a corrupt drive that other methods fail on.

I used several methods and this one has always worked where others have failed. Unfortunately a corrupt drive is always a possibility on the Tesla due to the sluggish way it handles mounts/dismounts of the media when removing/inserting although more recently this is less of a issue as we now have an internal viewer that removes the need to remove the media so frequently.