Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sentry/Dash cam card deleted

VanillaAir_UK

Jun 17, 2019
Surrey, UK
Had near miss and wanted to capture the idiot only to find that the dashcam icon was missing.

USB audio card on separate card but same USB reader working fine.

Just checked card in Win 10 machine only to find a blank 'disc' called 'USB Drive' - no TeslaCam folder, but Fat 32 formatted otherwise clean. Less than 30 minutes before it had been happy in car with dashcam icon and recording sentry events.

A previously used card, recently reformatted, named and working happily as dash and sentry recorder.

So looks like car had wiped the card clean at some point on its last journey.

Anyone else had this?

Rooster6655

May 3, 2019
UK
Is this and SD card or a USB?

If SD is it an endurance card or other?

I have noticed this happen on a older USB drive and had to plug/unplug it back it to get it to work

VanillaAir_UK

Jun 17, 2019
Surrey, UK
Its SD endurance from a reputable source so one would hope it would last more than a couple of weeks. I've got a second identical card from same source that I rotate - thats worked fine.

I'm thinking it may be down to how it was formatted - Ridgecrop on Windows 10 (a recommended method) or a faulty card. This is second time i've formatted this card, both full formats. First time a top level folder got deleted (that was there in additional to TeslaCam folder) and some of the contents inside TeslaCam got corrupted. So I did a second full format to clear.

Last edited:

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC