Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

sentry/dashcam for 2017 MX

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
i cannot make any part of sentry or dashcam to work....cannot seem to record anything. the manual on my account page says it should and i have tried to follow all the instructions. and tried various things like...

car locked/onlocked.....leaning on the car, walking around the car...no, did not try to break any glass

no playback on.pc either...the folder shows 0 bytes

info/actions/results--
2017 (april) MX , enhanced autopilot, no FSD, currently on 2020,24.6.11

i do see a sentry icon, the center dot does change to red when i touch it.

i do see the sentry icon on my cell, and have turned it on

tried 2 different usb drives; one samsumg as recommended in the manual and one sandsk. no success with either. more info:
formatted sandisk drive with FAT32, created a folder "TeslaCam"
for samsung, per manual, tried to format withing tesla - no luck
formatted on pc with exFAT (per manual), no success

no camera icon appears after plugging in the usb....

any suggestions (other than go get a new car) or info on what should i expect on this mx?

You need to upgrade the AP To HW3.0 to get this feature working on AP2.0 car.

Otherwise, no dashcam for AP2.0. Sentry mode just notifies event, gives you a small non-video file.

thanks r0xx0r....so it seems with what i have all i get is a notification if someone breaks the window.

what is confusing is why does the manual say i can record....in 2017 AP3,0 was not available and i would think tesla knows that.. possibly tesla has installed one manual for all model x, regardless of the production year.

changing to AP3.0 is not practical....

• Funny
Reactions: r0xx0r