Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sentry Issues

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

jwc6160

Oct 27, 2022
US
I'm having some Sentry issues and I can't figure it out. I'm not getting the recordings for Sentry events. I have an Anker USB with a san disk micro SD card that has worked fine in the past. This has apparently been going on a while but I never noticed until I pulled the drive and there were only a few videos. I have reformatted a couple of times and it still isn't working. Last night I got in my car and it said I had 2 sentry events. I hit the button and it brought up the viewer and no videos were there. To test, while driving I hit the dash cam button and it said recording. When I parked I hit the viewer and the video of the drive when I hit the button a few minutes ago was there, but no other Sentry clips. I've had the drive in for weeks so I know there were other Sentry events. It seems that it will record when I hit the button, but not when it is triggered automatically or when I actually need it to record. I get the notification that there were events in the car, but nothing saves??? Does anyone have any idea why this would be happening? Thanks for any tips, i've been trying to figure this out for a while.

Are you sure you’re looking in the right place? The Sentry clips are separate from the other dashcam videos. Try looking at the USB on a computer so you can see what’s actually there.
Just pulled it and there are some "recent clips" of drives and the "sentry clips" file just had one date and it was just a bunch of 1 second seemingly random clips of a drive. I found another thread with someone posting a similar issue. I just bought a new "pro endurance" card so I'm hoping that will fix the issue. It still seems odd that when I hit the button while driving it will record fine, but it doesn't record "normal" Sentry events????

Upvote 0
I'm having some Sentry issues and I can't figure it out. I'm not getting the recordings for Sentry events. I have an Anker USB with a san disk micro SD card that has worked fine in the past. This has apparently been going on a while but I never noticed until I pulled the drive and there were only a few videos. I have reformatted a couple of times and it still isn't working. Last night I got in my car and it said I had 2 sentry events. I hit the button and it brought up the viewer and no videos were there. To test, while driving I hit the dash cam button and it said recording. When I parked I hit the viewer and the video of the drive when I hit the button a few minutes ago was there, but no other Sentry clips. I've had the drive in for weeks so I know there were other Sentry events. It seems that it will record when I hit the button, but not when it is triggered automatically or when I actually need it to record. I get the notification that there were events in the car, but nothing saves??? Does anyone have any idea why this would be happening? Thanks for any tips, i've been trying to figure this out for a while.
I’ve found that the SSD’s work much better. I have https://www.bestbuy.com/site/samsun...ncryption-indigo-blue/6408298.p?skuId=6408298 in both of my Tesla’s.

Upvote 0
Registered just to share a solution I found. Brand new model Y, factory usb drive but won’t record anything. Turns out had to open up settings page and click recording button (right above sentry button) and a pop up window shows up asking to agree to privacy stuff. After that both dash cam and sentry mode started to work as expected.

• Informative
Reactions: KenC
Upvote 0