Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sentry Keeper- free Windows software to manage your Sentry videos

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi Everyone,

I wrote this software to manage my TeslaCam videos. Feel free to download it and kick the tires. Let me know if you have feature requests or find any bugs. This software is free- I'm hoping it's ok to post this here. This uses the built-in windows media player. If you don't have that installed, the program won't work, but it's installed by default with Windows.

I'm afraid the development system I use doesn't support Mac computers- sorry.

Sentry Keeper Download
Thanks! Will give it a try and review.

Hi Everyone,

I wrote this software to manage my TeslaCam videos. Feel free to download it and kick the tires. Let me know if you have feature requests or find any bugs. This software is free- I'm hoping it's ok to post this here. This uses the built-in windows media player. If you don't have that installed, the program won't work, but it's installed by default with Windows.

Sentry Keeper Download
Excellent! Thanks for sharing this time saver with us!!

I suppose I should wait for the next release ... but this is the error I get when running - "Run-time error '13': Type mismatch"
Sentry error.jpg

Hi Everyone,

Sentry Keeper Download

Astrowunder-
In your intro page you say: "The software will automatically detect the 1st removable drive with TeslaCam videos.".

Well, in my case it doesn't detect my USB drive with TeslaCam videos on it, and clicking on "Load Videos" doesn't do the trick. see photo. Please explain
upload_2019-5-6_11-47-52.png

Astrowunder-
In your intro page you say: "The software will automatically detect the 1st removable drive with TeslaCam videos.".

Well, in my case it doesn't detect my USB drive with TeslaCam videos on it, and clicking on "Load Videos" doesn't do the trick. see photo. Please explain
View attachment 404700

The only drives it currently detects are USB thumb drives. If you have an SSD drive or physical hard drive with USB interface it won't find it currently- next version will

• Love
Reactions: McFlurri
Question about Sentry mode I have tried an experiment of leaving my phone at home walking around the car till i see the recording message yet when i go to view the memory stick i do not see the recording. Does sentry not log this does it clear it after 10 minutes does this mean if someone hits the car if I do not hit save video I will not see it?

Hi Everyone,

Sentry Keeper Download
Thanks so much for sharing your hard work. It’s really appreciated

Question about Sentry mode I have tried an experiment of leaving my phone at home walking around the car till i see the recording message yet when i go to view the memory stick i do not see the recording. Does sentry not log this does it clear it after 10 minutes does this mean if someone hits the car if I do not hit save video I will not see it?
Sentry Mode should record the event (someone near the car) and the previous 10 minutes leading up to the event. It should all show up in one folder, with the last full minute the event that triggered Sentry. That’s how mine has functioned.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mojito