Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sentry Keeper- free Windows software to manage your Sentry videos

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Perfect! I think I have a bug that doesn't allow spaces in folder names. For now try using a merge folder with no spaces in it- I'll bet that fixes the problem. I'll be sure to fix this in my next update.

Awesome that fixes it for now. Thank you for getting that resolved. Amazing job !

vlcsnap-2019-05-11-13h01m59s400.png
On the orientation does that always stays this way or can you have all three video side by side ?

Reactions: astrowunder
Awesome that fixes it for now. Thank you for getting that resolved. Amazing job !

View attachment 406701 On the orientation does that always stays this way or can you have all three video side by side ?

Erik's software can do everything except slice bread (and I assume he's busy working on the bread now) I'm planning on adding a good chunk of his options in the future but right now this is the only format that is integrated with Sentry Keeper.

Reactions: 127.0.0.0
You. Are .Awesome!!!!

Hi Everyone,

I wrote this software to manage my TeslaCam videos. Feel free to download it and kick the tires. Let me know if you have feature requests or find any bugs. This software is free- I'm hoping it's ok to post this here. This uses the built-in windows media player. If you don't have that installed, the program won't work, but it's installed by default with Windows.

I'm afraid the development system I use doesn't support Mac computers- sorry.

Sentry Keeper Download

Reactions: astrowunder
Hi yes, that's my business server- allprosoftware.com. You can ping that to double check if you want. Every time it starts it checks to see if a new version is ready- that's all it does right now. Some day I may add something to see how many people are using it but I promise not to spy on anyone :)
Thanks Astrowunder, that was what I was expecting as well. But like I said I do like the simplicity of it and it works well.

Also see if you can view previously archived videos if you have any.

One change I did was to allow folders with spaces embedded in them. Maybe I messed something up, but it's working fine here.

I didn't have any archived videos on my computer when I tried to archive it on the new version, I got the following message.

Error 53 has been encountered in ArchiveProcess
Desc: File not found
Module: frmArchiveWait
Line Number: 310

Also, I was able to play the video on windows media player just fine.

Thanks.

I didn't have any archived videos on my computer when I tried to archive it on the new version, I got the following message.

Error 53 has been encountered in ArchiveProcess
Desc: File not found
Module: frmArchiveWait
Line Number: 310

Also, I was able to play the video on windows media player just fine.

Thanks.

Well it’s consistent anyway- it thinks it can’t find the file even though it lists it. Try double clicking on the logo to bring up the hidden debug window, then double click on one of the files again- let me know if any messages are helpful there. I’ll add more diagnosis info when I get back from my current trip

@astrowunder Not much useful info there.

Here is all the info from the debug window when I clicked on a clip.

7:08:55 PM: timercontinueplaying
7:08:55 PM: Changing playback speed
7:08:55 PM: Playing
7:08:55 PM: Changing playback speed
7:08:55 PM: Double Clicked video

Well it’s consistent anyway- it thinks it can’t find the file even though it lists it. Try double clicking on the logo to bring up the hidden debug window, then double click on one of the files again- let me know if any messages are helpful there. I’ll add more diagnosis info when I get back from my current trip

Very cool software! Installed with no issues.

But I have a more general question. Because Sentry Mode creates so many files and videos, what's the best way to find the relevant ones? The ones where someone actually comes up to your car and/or does something bad? These are lost in the hundreds of minutes of videos. Or am I looking at this wrong?

Very cool software! Installed with no issues.

But I have a more general question. Because Sentry Mode creates so many files and videos, what's the best way to find the relevant ones? The ones where someone actually comes up to your car and/or does something bad? These are lost in the hundreds of minutes of videos. Or am I looking at this wrong?

I’ve got something in the works on this, but for now I use the 8x playback speed to play everything back.