Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sentry Keeper- free Windows software to manage your Sentry videos

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks so much! so I have a folder with 3 files. One complete set of front, left and right but if I try to open this folder, I get the error messages in each of the 3 windows: Left Repeater File doesn't exist | Front Repeater File doesn't exist | Right Repeater File doesn't exist

Does the directory I point the application need to have a certain folder structure when the files are stored on the local drive and not a USB drive?

Directory of D:\Temp\TeslaCam\SavedClips

05/20/2019 08:04 PM <DIR> .
05/20/2019 08:04 PM <DIR> ..
05/20/2019 01:25 PM 30,010,895 2019-05-20_16-25-49-front.mp4
05/20/2019 01:25 PM 30,007,338 2019-05-20_16-25-49-left_repeater.mp4
05/20/2019 01:25 PM 29,847,324 2019-05-20_16-25-49-right_repeater.mp4

This looks fine- I'm not sure what's causing the trouble, but hopefully my soon to be released version will give me better diagnostics

Thanks so much! so I have a folder with 3 files. One complete set of front, left and right but if I try to open this folder, I get the error messages in each of the 3 windows: Left Repeater File doesn't exist | Front Repeater File doesn't exist | Right Repeater File doesn't exist

Does the directory I point the application need to have a certain folder structure when the files are stored on the local drive and not a USB drive?

Directory of D:\Temp\TeslaCam\SavedClips

05/20/2019 08:04 PM <DIR> .
05/20/2019 08:04 PM <DIR> ..
05/20/2019 01:25 PM 30,010,895 2019-05-20_16-25-49-front.mp4
05/20/2019 01:25 PM 30,007,338 2019-05-20_16-25-49-left_repeater.mp4
05/20/2019 01:25 PM 29,847,324 2019-05-20_16-25-49-right_repeater.mp4

Phildavid, I just updated the software to add better diagnostics. Please update the software and if you still have the same problem, double-click on the sentry eye to bring up the debugging window. Change the dropdown to be 'show everything' then click the copy to clipboard button and paste the details back into an email to me- [email protected]. Hopefully I'll be able to hunt down the issue now.

• Helpful
Reactions: PhilDavid
Phildavid, I just updated the software to add better diagnostics. Please update the software and if you still have the same problem, double-click on the sentry eye to bring up the debugging window. Change the dropdown to be 'show everything' then click the copy to clipboard button and paste the details back into an email to me- [email protected]. Hopefully I'll be able to hunt down the issue now.

Thanks for all your hard work!

I tried the latest version and I am able to open a folder on my local drive with videos and the videos are properly processed without the error message on the 3 preview video screens. Great job!

Reactions: astrowunder
Does anyone know if the car will write over the "SavedClips" folder on the USB drive? I'm not sure if I need to delete the old files, or if it will take care of itself when it fills up. Just downloaded SentryKeeper and excited to start using it!

Click on the link I included - that's the program that I have bundled in with Sentry Keeper. It's a python program that performs small miracles with Tesla videos.
Awesome, thank you!

I can view the recording files in the app with ease. When I attempt to merge it doesn't complete and create the file as your app goes into not responding for a few seconds. Then I get a flash message in the toolbar that a new version of Sentry Keeper is available, but no way to update it. I tried installing the most recent version from his download page but the DOS screen just flashes and goes away so there is no way to input or review that I see. Can you release a new version that has his newest version already attached?

Hi, I've installed the program but when I try to open it windows tries to install Office Professional 2013 and gives an error that "ProPlusWW.msi" is missing? Any Ideas? I had Office 2013, but uninstall it and know I have Office 2016...

This is caused by a corrupted windows registry. You must uninstall office professional, then install sentry keeper, then re-install office pro.

Hi Everyone,

I wrote this software to manage my TeslaCam videos. Feel free to download it and kick the tires. Let me know if you have feature requests or find any bugs. This software is free- I'm hoping it's ok to post this here. This uses the built-in windows media player. If you don't have that installed, the program won't work, but it's installed by default with Windows.

I'm afraid the development system I use doesn't support Mac computers- sorry.

Sentry Keeper Download
Trend Micro indicates that this program has ransomware. Is anyone else seeing this.

Reactions: tkc9789 and Exscite