Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sentry Keeper- free Windows software to manage your Sentry videos

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@astrowunder - using the latest 1.0.7 version, and noticed an issue:

Bug Report - When deleting clips, the -back clips don't get deleted.

And thought I'd throw in:
Feature Request - Group clips in the list by their folders (maybe an option for those that would rather see it that way), to make it easier to see/sort by events on specific dates/times as it gets cumbersome scrolling through lots of 1 minute recordings. Also, when you Delete, the list refreshes, and you have to find that point you were at again. Maybe look at how NateMcComb did it (NateMccomb/TeslaCamViewer), but, something similar where you can watch by folder/group.

@astrowunder - using the latest 1.0.7 version, and noticed an issue:

Bug Report - When deleting clips, the -back clips don't get deleted.

And thought I'd throw in:
Feature Request - Group clips in the list by their folders (maybe an option for those that would rather see it that way), to make it easier to see/sort by events on specific dates/times as it gets cumbersome scrolling through lots of 1 minute recordings. Also, when you Delete, the list refreshes, and you have to find that point you were at again. Maybe look at how NateMcComb did it (NateMccomb/TeslaCamViewer), but, something similar where you can watch by folder/group.

Thanks- good suggestions and thanks for letting me know about the missed back files on delete.

You can 'drill down' to specific folders now if you want a smaller selection of clips by browsing for a specific folder. It currently combines all video files up to 2 levels below the current folder in the list. You can specify just a single folder if you want- not sure if that's exactly what you had in mind, though. With the new v10 folder structure, you can look at just sentry alerts or just dashcam saved events.

@astrowunder Just installed v1.0.9 but the player doesn't work when the front camera video is missing or corrupted. The timer slider to keep going beyond 1 minute and it never switches to the next video.

Also, anyway to change to skip to most likely sentry trigger event to the 8th (or 9th) video series in the folder sentry mode will keep recording once it's trigger if there is continuous movement and my experience is the 8th video usually is the one that triggered the sentry event.

Thanks.

1.0.9 released- bug fix for error limit reached for people without rear cameras.

also new preferences option- prev/next can be set to 2nd to last in series- skips to most likely section for sentry trigger events.

@astrowunder Just installed v1.0.9 but the player doesn't work when the front camera video is missing or corrupted. The timer slider to keep going beyond 1 minute and it never switches to the next video.

Also, anyway to change to skip to most likely sentry trigger event to the 8th (or 9th) video series in the folder sentry mode will keep recording once it's trigger if there is continuous movement and my experience is the 8th video usually is the one that triggered the sentry event.

Thanks.

Yeah, actually that's a known limitation right now. Everything I do in the program is based on the front camera. If that file is corrupted it won't work right. In my experience that's normally the most reliable camera.

To your second point- I actually just added this feature. If you go into preferences and check the 'Use Sentry Trigger' box, the forward and reverse buttons will skip to the 2nd to last video in each sequence.

What I meant to say is that sometimes I could have 20 minutes of sentry videos in a sequence if someone decides to dance near my car. It might be more reliable to skip to the 8th minute from the beginning instead of 2nd to the last video.

To your second point- I actually just added this feature. If you go into preferences and check the 'Use Sentry Trigger' box, the forward and reverse buttons will skip to the 2nd to last video in each sequence.

upload_2020-3-20_10-47-24.png

I tried to launch the app and this happened. Sorry I didn't scroll thru the entire thread so if anyone had the same issue and found a fix please advise. Thank you!