Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sentry/Live camera stopped working properly

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all, MY live camera view has been playing up for a week (ish). Used to work fine.

When I click on Live view - after a pause - it shows front camera. When I try to select one of the other cameras it returns the message 'connection to vehicle lost. Please try again'. This is consistent and happens every time.

I am on latest software version on car and app.

Any ideas? Thanks

This has happened to me two times in the last two months that I’ve owned the car. Holding the two buttons on the wheel to reset the computer and then waiting about 30 mins seemed to fix it both times.
That's good at least that fixes it. I restart my car by holding down the two button on the steering wheel once a week.

Having exact same issues. I've had very good LTE signals on both car and phone(Pixel 6Pro) and doesn't load camera and just times out. When I select refresh still same issue.

However when my phone and car are connected to same wifi connection at home it does work correctly.

I've submitted service request so hopefully they can either push update or fix issue.

Current software is 2022.20.8
Car is 2022 LR.
Not sure which software version the issue started occuring for me.

Having exact same issues. I've had very good LTE signals on both car and phone(Pixel 6Pro) and doesn't load camera and just times out. When I select refresh still same issue.

However when my phone and car are connected to same wifi connection at home it does work correctly.

I've submitted service request so hopefully they can either push update or fix issue.

Current software is 2022.20.8
Car is 2022 LR.
Not sure which software version the issue started occuring for me.
Hi Choncho,

I believe that is what mine is suddenly doing. Mine was working fine no matter where I was, no matter where the car is or what the car or my iphone was connected to. Suddenly tonight at a restaurant I was unable to view my live cameras via the app, when I got home just a little bit ago and parked in the garage and got inside the house I checked the live cameras on the app and they are working fine.

I am VERY confused now as to what networks the car and the iphone apparently need to be on for the live cameras feature to work...?

My car is a 2022 M3P running latest SW version 2022.24.6 and the Tesla app I am running is the latest as of Sept 9, 2022.

Thanks,
Gulfcoaster

Thanks NewbieT,

What I also did...again, was removed thumb drive from glovebox, Uninstalled Tesla app from iPhone, shut everything down. I then set everything up again and it has worked fairly well since. By fairly well I mean that occasionally it says "Refresh..." on the Live Camera page on the app, if I refresh or just close and reopen the app the Live Cam works.