Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

sentry live mode not available in Canada

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Was so looking forward to this feature! I suspect the issue is data. We do pay some of the highest prices in the world and all that additional streaming would definitely be an issue for the current agreement Tesla has with carriers up here.
I can see a short-term future, where Musk will eliminate the "middle man" and integrate his SpaceX Starling, Low Latency sat based internet and thus control the entire supply chain management in that regard. The Canadian carriers who do not see this and provide desirable rates to maintain that relationship are just plain stupid, but then again, I'm not surprised by the greed of this Canadian cartel.

I can confirm that with the 2021.40.6 update that I just installed, and iOS app version 4.3.0, Sentry Mode Live is still NOT available in Canada. It wasn't in the list of changes and there is nowhere in the car settings to enable it (as seen in YouTube videos). Bummer...
I assume you have premium connectivity as well? (but it should show up in the change log regardless)

I still don’t have Sentry Live or Disney Plus in Canada. Has anyone in Canada received either update?
Not yet. I’ve been wanting Disney+

I’m on 40.6 and neither is in there. Apparently there’s a country block in place, where they’re blocking certain features in certain countries. I suspect regulatory nonsense, but there’s no real way to know

Reactions: Mercedes fan
For things like Disney+ I'm sure there's some legal aspect. Movie distribution has always been a per-country thing. I can't watch Hulu from Canada on the web for example. Hopefully one day that changes.
Live Camera view and things like that might be legal but it might also just be that they deploy one country at a time to see how it goes. With fsd, the AI system needs to learn a different set of road markings and panels so that's why it's not worldwide at once. There are various reasons, depending on what we'Re talking about.

I can see a short-term future, where Musk will eliminate the "middle man" and integrate his SpaceX Starling, Low Latency sat based internet and thus control the entire supply chain management in that regard. The Canadian carriers who do not see this and provide desirable rates to maintain that relationship are just plain stupid, but then again, I'm not surprised by the greed of this Canadian cartel.
But, we get Netflix, YouTube, etc... What's the difference? Is it that much more data for a livd view of the cameras?

Reactions: Mercedes fan