Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

sentry live mode not available in Canada

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Something else I forgot about: is your car picking up your wifi network? It won’t download updates via the LTE link.
I have had no issue with getting it on WiFi but I am curious. The last two updates appeared on my LTE connection but I needed WiFi to download the updates. Under all circumstances, I have still not seen any notifications. When I contacted the service centre, I was told that I was on the most current software for my “framework”. It’s going in tomorrow morning for a noisy front suspension so I will have them check it out too.

THANK YOU!

Reactions: Vawlkus
I have had no issue with getting it on WiFi but I am curious. The last two updates appeared on my LTE connection but I needed WiFi to download the updates. Under all circumstances, I have still not seen any notifications. When I contacted the service centre, I was told that I was on the most current software for my “framework”. It’s going in tomorrow morning for a noisy front suspension so I will have them check it out too.

THANK YOU!
It's normal for the updates to show over LTE but they need WiFi to download/install (except in extremely rare circumstances where they push out some sort of critical safety update but in 2 years I'm not sure I've ever seen that).

Reactions: GtiMart and Vawlkus
I drive with no wifi hotspot.
After like 3 months, it will download via LTE.
I had a similar situation. I was on vacation for 3 weeks with my M3. Day 2 I received a notice I had a new version available. I figured I’d wait until I got home in 2 weeks to do the update - didn’t want take the chance of getting stuck a long way from a SC if somehow the update went bad. But after about 2 1/2 weeks of not connecting to WIfi it magically showed up as downloaded and ready to install.

Can someone confirm how the updates work please?

1. Get notification on phone app
  2. Find WiFi spot and do update
Is this correct? I’m still on 36.5.5
If this is really bothering you, you can ask via the app to have your cars software queue cleared and an update pushed. Tesla doesn’t like to do that, so you might have to push them a bit, but it has happened where an update gets ‘stuck’ in the update queue and will block any updates from being downloaded.

Reactions: Soul Surfer
If this is really bothering you, you can ask via the app to have your cars software queue cleared and an update pushed. Tesla doesn’t like to do that, so you might have to push them a bit, but it has happened where an update gets ‘stuck’ in the update queue and will block any updates from being downloaded.
YOU Sir, are a wealth of knowledge! Thank you.

100% agree that is the reason. Legal not data rates. I am not an Attorney (my wife is) and suspects that at home you are protecting your personal property and the land it sits on. In the car, you are in the public domain. Could/could not be the reason but does hold some water.
The problem with your wife’s theory is that it doesn’t explain why our cars *do* have sentry mode but not live access. I have plenty of footage of people walking by my car in the parking lots of random shops. The harm to someone’s privacy… in a public place near my car… is the same whether I can view the footage in real time on my phone or later after taking out the USB key.

The problem with your wife’s theory is that it doesn’t explain why our cars *do* have sentry mode but not live access. I have plenty of footage of people walking by my car in the parking lots of random shops. The harm to someone’s privacy… in a public place near my car… is the same whether I can view the footage in real time on my phone or later after taking out the USB key.
Is this not any different than surveillance cams around one home/property. My garage “neighbours” had asked me why my car “winked” at them when they walked by. When I explained it to them, they thought is was great and were totally cool with it. I have not caught any of our more audacious residents, putting on a “show”, yet, LOL.

After repeated whining (and dining) about software updates, 2021.44.6, finally arrived. It was a very uneventful download, as they should all be. A few changes: Tidal; door locks, etc. Mostly things I wont use. No Sonic the Hedgehog or Disney+, sadly. Did I miss anything? Oh ya, no sentry on my phone either.

After repeated whining (and dining) about software updates, 2021.44.6, finally arrived. It was a very uneventful download, as they should all be. A few changes: Tidal; door locks, etc. Mostly things I wont use. No Sonic the Hedgehog or Disney+, sadly. Did I miss anything? Oh ya, no sentry on my phone either.
Pretty disappointing that we don't get Live Sentry Mode. But I did get a chance to try Tidal and it's way better than slacker. Things are actually organized better and the music selection and audio quality is much better as well! Worth a try in my opinion.

Reactions: Soul Surfer