Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sentry mode & 10.4

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Sporty

Supporting Member
Apr 20, 2019
Seattle
This probably isn’t a beta problem, but just in case…

Someone backed into my car tonight while it was parked. Sentry sent me an Alarm alert and there are recordings before & after, but only corrupted/nearly-empty files for the incident. So there’s no video evidence of the hit & run. Chkdsk doesn’t show any problems and there haven’t been any usb disk warnings while driving. (Samsung SSD drive)

Thanks. That was briefly exciting. I found it and downloaded it…. That clip is not correct as well. It’s not a corrupted file but the clip is around 0.25 seconds in length. The car viewer makes it look glitchy but my pc plays the entire 8 frames of video just fine. Can’t tell if it’s before or after the hit. Nothing interesting is visible.

On other news sentry recordings seem to be working now. Eg it’s now making non-corrupted files.

It’s frustrating the feature failed when I needed it. I don’t think Tesla has good automated software testing procedures. There’s a variety of stuff that doesn’t work reliably, or fails on some update (and then typically stays broke for a long time). This is more critical thou… this is going to be over $10K on the repair bill. Sure I have insurance but I don’t want my rates going up etc… it’s an advertised feature and it too is “beta” quality.