Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sentry mode alarm music can be silenced by invader

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Recently left my family at the car after unlocking it while I ran off for a couple of minutes. I forgot that this would trigger Sentry Mode. The had gotten into the vehicle while waiting for me and closed the doors. But, because it was hot in the vehicle, one of the kids opened the door, which triggered the alarm and started honking the horn; it also began playing the Bach fugue at the expected extremely loud volume. My wife tried to do something to silence the music and found that she could just turn down the volume with the left-hand scroll wheel.

Of course, the whole point of playing the music at such a loud volume is to drive the invader out. However, this goal is severely compromised if someone can just reach over and turn down the volume!

This same turn of events happened to us in our Model X. Wife was in the front passenger seat and tried the volume control on the MCU but it didn't work. Had to run back. This happened at a busy grocery store parking lot.

My daughter opened the FWD so she can come and get the key from me and the Sentry mode was triggered. Not the best moment of Model X ownership. We were "those people" and I felt like "that douchebag" that couldn't get enough attention. As if the FWD is not enough to draw people, we had to play Bach extremely loud too :(

I guess it could've been worse. It could've played Kenny G. :D:p

• Funny
Reactions: DDotJ