Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sentry Mode + Alarm sensitivity?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So i received a ‘tap’ from behind while parked. I had just parked in a parallel parking spot and was just waiting for the other driver behind me to complete their parking when i felt a very light nudge.

Sentry was on as indicated by the red icon and car was in Park.

I exited the vehicle and can clearly see the car behind had tapped my car. I spoke to the owner who was apologetic but adamant that his sensors told him to stop and he trusts his sensors (a good look at his front bumper suggests otherwise). Anyway i made him reverse slightly to check for damage and there waa none so I let it go. I think his crooked rego plate was what made contact but his car could have tapped and rolled back slightly.

Question is, should sentry have recorded that tap? I definitely felt the car shake ever so slightly.

Attachments

• 4A88CC34-EA62-4901-9161-D327A636B136.jpeg
    4A88CC34-EA62-4901-9161-D327A636B136.jpeg
    666.4 KB · Views: 101
  • DE78FEB4-1E62-4C9E-9858-CAAB792AB4B6.jpeg
    DE78FEB4-1E62-4C9E-9858-CAAB792AB4B6.jpeg
    670 KB · Views: 39
Only thing I found sentry mode doing correctly is taking my inappropriate angle photos whenever I am approaching the car... rest all were either false alarm when some vehicle was passing by or wind was moving a tree nearby... and lots of false negatives, like missing when someone almost touched or touched the car, making it impossible to move the car out of parking area, or wwherever bird was gifting droppings or literally bombing the ccarwith it, and I had zero evidence to show to animal lovers...

Reactions: m3lol
If you were in the car, Sentry likely would not trigger because it knows you're there - it generally doesn't if it can detect your phone key.

In this scenario, you can manually save the footage by tapping the Dashcam button (the same one you use to open the footage viewer). You'll need to put the car in a gear first otherwise tapping it will just open the viewer instead.

So i received a ‘tap’ from behind while parked. I had just parked in a parallel parking spot and was just waiting for the other driver behind me to complete their parking when i felt a very light nudge.

Sentry was on as indicated by the red icon and car was in Park.

I exited the vehicle and can clearly see the car behind had tapped my car. I spoke to the owner who was apologetic but adamant that his sensors told him to stop and he trusts his sensors (a good look at his front bumper suggests otherwise). Anyway i made him reverse slightly to check for damage and there waa none so I let it go. I think his crooked rego plate was what made contact but his car could have tapped and rolled back slightly.

Question is, should sentry have recorded that tap? I definitely felt the car shake ever so slightly.
If you zoom in on the second photo it looks like they have done a lot of tapp parking. Doesn't care about their car or yours.