Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sentry mode alerts and audio

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello- I'm a new owner of a M3 2021 in Canada. I noticed that every time I get back in my car there are numerous messages alerting me that there are sentry mode events. Well, after a while I stopped viewing them as they were just cars and people walking by. But the other day I noticed a large scratch on the driver fender near the wheel well. Large and deep-down to the metal. I could not figure out when or where it happened. I was confused for about a week until I remembered one sentry mode event where a woman was squeezing a grocery cart between my car and the next. When I viewed this at the time I was concerned and had a look at my car but just checked the doors rather than the front above the wheel well.
Now, the two questions are: 1. Does sentry mode have audio-if it does-my apologies- as I said I'm new and tech handicapped. This would help to distinguish a hit from a walk by. 2. Is there anyway that sentry mode can just notify of an event only when there has been a physical event. ie. car crashes into your parked vehicle, or someone touches or keys your car, for example. I am tired of the nonsense events it tells me to watch -I just want the important ones.