Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sentry Mode and Cameras on app

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Finally got an update on my 2018 2.5 mcu X
(2021 40.6), are the x’s with 2.5 mcu able to get sentry camera views on the app? My 3 on 2021 38.6 is getting the view from app.
I have 2021.36.8.8 on both of my cars. The Live View feature in the works fine on my Model 3, but not the X. The only difference between the cars is I am PAYING for Premium Connectivity in the Model 3. But my Model X Premium Connectivity was included forever for free, not paid. The description of the product (release notes) clearly calls out that you must be PAYING for Premium connectivity to get Live View to work. Even if I wanted to PAY for it, I know of no way to do that. It is not available if you already have it for free.

Has anyone gotten Live View to work on an X with Premium Connectivity included? Is anyone Paying for PC on a Model X?

I have 2021.36.8.8 on both of my cars. The Live View feature in the works fine on my Model 3, but not the X. The only difference between the cars is I am PAYING for Premium Connectivity in the Model 3. But my Model X Premium Connectivity was included forever for free, not paid. The description of the product (release notes) clearly calls out that you must be PAYING for Premium connectivity to get Live View to work. Even if I wanted to PAY for it, I know of no way to do that. It is not available if you already have it for free.

Has anyone gotten Live View to work on an X with Premium Connectivity included? Is anyone Paying for PC on a Model X?
I believe when they refer to the X and S, they are talking about the newer ones. We pay for premium connectivity and it is not available to us on the X. There’s no menu to enable the remote view in the car and the app does not have the feature denoted when you are engaging sentry mode.

Model 3:
3E231E22-158C-4626-A086-53F9246EFD1F.jpeg

Model X:
F0777648-97E8-4007-909C-D12B29789C8B.jpeg

The pic from the app for the model 3 isn’t mine, but one I have access to.

I believe when they refer to the X and S, they are talking about the newer ones. We pay for premium connectivity and it is not available to us on the X. There’s no menu to enable the remote view in the car and the app does not have the feature denoted when you are engaging sentry mode.
I think you and Solidred are correct. I went outside and checked. My Model 3 has a Safety and Security setting to activate Live Camera, and a paragraph or two in the release notes describing the feature. My Model X has neither. Bummer. Thanks to both of you (and others) for pointing out my misunderstanding.

Reactions: IDRVSLO
I can’t believe it, premium vehicle (supposedly, according to price) can view remotely or roll windows up…sad the 3 and y get more features
No X has been sold since the remote sentry feature was released, and you don't know that any new X sold after its release won't have the same feature. For that matter, considering how Tesla rolled out dashcam and sentry mode, you don't know that any existing X containing the appropriate hardware (whatever that may be) won't get the feature in the future. While I tend to agree not being able to roll the windows up remotely is a bit mind-boggling. The same logic applies to a degree. The X and S were released prior to the 3 and Y, and the only refresh prior to 2021 involved suspension, so unless you have documentation indicating otherwise, any S or X manufactured in 2021 or later may have that feature as well.

I can’t believe it, premium vehicle (supposedly, according to price) can view remotely or roll windows up…sad the 3 and y get more features
I can open and close the windows on both my 3 and X from my phone. But not using the Tesla app. I have to use the third party Tesla Remote app instead. I have no idea why Tesla did not bring that feature into their own app. Pretty minor importance to me though.

Last edited:
No X has been sold since the remote sentry feature was released, and you don't know that any new X sold after its release won't have the same feature. For that matter, considering how Tesla rolled out dashcam and sentry mode, you don't know that any existing X containing the appropriate hardware (whatever that may be) won't get the feature in the future. While I tend to agree not being able to roll the windows up remotely is a bit mind-boggling. The same logic applies to a degree. The X and S were released prior to the 3 and Y, and the only refresh prior to 2021 involved suspension, so unless you have documentation indicating otherwise, any S or X manufactured in 2021 or later may have that feature as well.
I’m just complaining, not that it matters! With your logic there were plenty of features I got with updates on the 3 and x I wasn’t expecting. But simply stating the 2018 3 i have is farther advanced than the 2018 X I have

I’m just complaining, not that it matters! With your logic there were plenty of features I got with updates on the 3 and x I wasn’t expecting. But simply stating the 2018 3 i have is farther advanced than the 2018 X I have
I hear that, and maybe once upon a time it would have been atypical, but AFAIK, most premium and luxury nameplates now test out their new features on their lower end vehicles before applying them to their flagships. In regard to established legacy brands that now do this (and perhaps didn't in the past), I suppose the manufacturer benefits via economies of scale and can simultaneously claim high end buyers benefit via a more reliable flagship vehicle.