Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sentry Mode Annoying to use

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well yes, but for security reasons I never input my real address for home or work into the car. I've read about people finding your home from that. The recent version of the "Death Wish" movie series Bruce Willis movie was predicated on that exact thing, the valet parking criminals finding his address in the car. For GPS purposes on long trips, I use the address of a gas station some number of miles from where I live.

Well yes, but for security reasons I never input my real address for home or work into the car. I've read about people finding your home from that. The recent version of the "Death Wish" movie series Bruce Willis movie was predicated on that exact thing, the valet parking criminals finding his address in the car. For GPS purposes on long trips, I use the address of a gas station some number of miles from where I live.

Eh. The way I see it, my address has been in a phone book for decades. I own property so public tax records are 15 seconds away.
If I were truly paranoid, I’d put all that in various trusts and things.

I use Sentry Mode at night and turn it off when I'm at work to save battery power. It'd be nice if Tesla would put its on/off slider in a more accessible location at the top of a menu, so I don't have to press the car icon, THEN the Safety & Security words, THEN scroll down to turn it on or off. That's 4 movements each time! Let's get that down to 2!

I typically put stuff in on the passenger side, walk around the back, and get in, so I would see if something were damaged, so most of the time when I get in and see the "X" number of alerts message, I don't look at the videos.
Huh? Can't you just press the circle to turn off sentry?

While I can't argue against a healthy level of paranoia when it comes to security, I'm not sure Hollywood movies is the best source to judge credible threats :)