Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sentry [mode blocked in my country - is there a work around?]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
tesla sentry mode does not working
In my country does not work how can I get around the blockage
Have you got your flash drive installed, formatted and ready to go?

Is Sentry mode definitely switched on at the location you are looking to use it? (E.g. You can turn it off at home?)

Sentry mode can be a bit flakey sometimes, so it doesn’t always work, but should work most of the time if configured correctly.

Have you got your flash drive installed, formatted and ready to go?

Is Sentry mode definitely switched on at the location you are looking to use it? (E.g. You can turn it off at home?)

Sentry mode can be a bit flakey sometimes, so it doesn’t always work, but should work most of the time if configured correctly.
In Israel, turn it off because of an alarm
Looking to open the block

Hi all,
Got my tesla 2 weeks ago.
Since then no dashcam records were made, never saw the red dot.
what I've tried to do with no results:
- Tried to reformat the original disk on key.
- Tried to use another disk on key.
- tried the hard reset and the factory reset
Other info:
- I can format the disk from the tesla user interface.
- If the disk on key is missing, no dashcam icon.
- Sentry mode is not available in my country.

I would appreciate any help to solve that issue.

Sentry Mode doesn't work in Israel where I live due to an alarm law restriction. I wonder is there a way to get around it? What if I take my car to Jordan and do a hard reset, will I get Sentry Mode since it is a different
country?

Here you are not allowed to have an alarm system because of noise pollution. But what seems to be an easy task, to come up with a local geographic update to limit the Sentry Mode to just film, light signals and suppress the noise, the update just don't arrive and seems like Tesla is taking no action. This is why I wonder if there's a way around.