Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sentry Mode Bug

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I have my MS 2018 for 54 days now and twice all of a sudden all the sensors stopped working. No rain sensor, no cruise available, no sentry mode videos, no enhance AP and no driving aid. I figured either the AP computer is gone or cameras needs some alignment. The first time it happened, everything came back after two days.
This time I made an appointment but during chat they asked me to take sentry mode off, take all the usb out and let the car sleep for 30 min.

And it got fixed. Apparently there is some known bug and all it needs it to disable sentry mode and restart the system.

Just sharing Incase someone else is also having the same sort of issue.

• Informative
Reactions: boaterva
How about telling us what software (firmware) this bug is in?

I see there’s a tag for 2019.16.2, is that it? Please include data in the post, tags are for searching, not content.

2019.16.2 was mostly superseded immediately by 16.3.2 and now 20.1 so this should be moot for most people. Interesting and probably one reason 16.3.2 was rushed out! Glad they got you squared away.

So I have my MS 2018 for 54 days now and twice all of a sudden all the sensors stopped working. No rain sensor, no cruise available, no sentry mode videos, no enhance AP and no driving aid. I figured either the AP computer is gone or cameras needs some alignment. The first time it happened, everything came back after two days.
This time I made an appointment but during chat they asked me to take sentry mode off, take all the usb out and let the car sleep for 30 min.

And it got fixed. Apparently there is some known bug and all it needs it to disable sentry mode and restart the system.

Just sharing Incase someone else is also having the same sort of issue.

Sorry for not providing more info ...

Mode S 2018
AP 2.5
2019.16.2 73d3f3

• Informative
Reactions: boaterva
I have a Raven S and none of the advanced features have been available since I received it. Tried disabling Sentry, but no luck so far. When I take it in for a cracked roof replacement next week I’ll ask them to look at what else is wrong...

Known bug with what? Must be AP 2.0 then or there would be hundreds of posts about it. What is being described is not being able to use Sentry mode.

And do you mean 2019.20.1?

Yes 2019.20.1. On FB forums people with M3 too are complaining about this so it is not just AP 2.0. Tesla is aware of it. Turning it off from the MCU fixes everything after a few hours.

I posted this before and got no responses but it looks like your problems.

2017 MS, 75, AP 2.0. Have had 16.2 for about a month and everything fine. Got 20.1 a few days ago but a few days before that things started to happen. Parked car in lot and came back 4 hrs later. Door handles didn't present but did when I touched it. Got in "easy exit" didn't work. Got seat adjusted and saw that street lines and Speed signs were not displayed. Also did not show other cars next to me. Cruise control didn't work and had a warning sign on the center console saying it was not available. The auto-wipers did not work but wipers worked if turned to non-auto control. The NAV system did not work. The car drove properly (minus the problems) and I drove home without any additional problems.

Yesterday, plugged the car in to charge in my garage at about 11:00 AM. At 9:00 PM phone app said car 64% charged and the app would not update or connect to the car. At 9:15 PM, got in the car and it was completely powered OFF, and would not reboot; the car was not charging and no light in charging port. Today 8:00 AM got into car and was still powered off and no center screen display. Tried another reboot and this time everything started and the car seems back to normal. Charging restarted.

Then got a notification that 20.1 was ready to download.

Happened to me yesterday. I have AP2.5 on 2019.20.1 software. When I got in the car to drive to work I could not turn on TACC or AP. My IC was not displaying the cars around me and even my auto headlights were not working.

I spoke to customer support and this is what they e-mailed me:

upload_2019-6-15_10-50-16.png

I followed the steps and it started to work again. For what it's worth, I did notice on Teslafi that my car hasn't slept in 2 weeks. I unsubscribed from Teslafi to see if it will start sleeping again.

Could be related to this (see Service center note below)? I continued to have issues where Autopilot was not working, typically I noticed it after getting in my car when it was hot out.. Just got this note from the service center today. Seems Cabin Overheat Protection is glitching out.. possibly related to Sentry Mode disabling Cabin Overheat Protection? Just an assumption.. but the two could be related.

I am on firmware version 2019.16.3.2

upload_2019-6-15_13-49-0.png