Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sentry mode bugs

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Its been a few releases, and I'm still having these issues with sentry:

1) Visually busy backgrounds(think brick buildings, trees, faded asphalt) will cause half or more of the picture to pixelate and blur.
2) Cars pulling in next to me on the passenger side don't seem to get recorded
3) Motion like a person walking close to the car get strange atrifacts, like stop and go, and pixelation.

Anyone else still seeing these on their S?

Are you using a high quality USB drive?I would also connect the drive directly to the USB port without any USB splitters or hubs.

I get decent quality stable videos *knock on wood* with the following Samsung drive:

https://amzn.to/2XjvN4J

I also like the fact that the drive is super low-profile, as it just about dissappears into the USB port. I use a 128GB drive for TeslaCam and a 256 GB drive for USB music/media with both plugged in separately.

Last edited:
My left and right repeaters are recording jittery video now. It’s almost like they’re freezing for a second before continuing, freezing again for a second and then continuing. No issue with the front camera. And this wasn’t happening prior to one of the latest updates.