Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sentry Mode cancel due to system error

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm getting the same error as well. I am on the newest release (2019.32.11). I got this error yesterday and reformatted my thumb drive thinking it may have something to do with it. Then again today, I got the error. I tried to call Tesla and the recording said my hold would be over 30 min. Needless to say, I didn't have that much time to wait because I'm at work. Hopefully a new release will fix the issue.

Ever since the update, mine has done this every day after about 6 hours in the parking lot.
I am going to put in a bug report to the mother ship today. Suggest everyone else do the same.

Interestingly enough, I can reactivate Sentry Mode from the app to turn it back on...

Ever since the update, mine has done this every day after about 6 hours in the parking lot.
I am going to put in a bug report to the mother ship today. Suggest everyone else do the same.

Interestingly enough, I can reactivate Sentry Mode from the app to turn it back on...

Same exact thing is happening with me. About 5-6 after I'm parked at work, I get the same thing but I can turn it back on.

I had this happen multiple times. Each time a system file scan showed corrupted portions of the drive. I'd repair and the drive would work fine for a few days only.
Finally, based on forum recommendations, I switched to an SD card with USB adapter. I've had no problems since making the change 2 months ago.

Same exact thing is happening with me. About 5-6 after I'm parked at work, I get the same thing but I can turn it back on.
Same

Stupid question - how and to whom do you report the bug?

To me, this sounds similar to the issue people were having when they never turned Sentry off and their vehicles thusly never went into sleep mode. I'm guessing that they've written in some sort of reset to allow you to start Sentry back up again after a failure without requiring sleep, but that the lack of sleep still causes a problem. I can't remember what the quick-start feature for enhance summon is, called, but it is in the Summon options, and the info for it indicates that it keeps the cameras on (same as Sentry does, so then they would never sleep even if you had Sentry off at home). AFAICT, when updating to v10, that is enabled by default, so turning it off (at least at home or work [I think it has those options, just like Sentry]) may prevent this from happening unless you have Sentry running for a lot longer.

Press down and hold the call button (mouth icon on top right side of steering wheel, above the right scroll wheel).. Say "Bug report. Sentry mode error"....
This sends a bug report back to the mother ship.
Do you have any sort of official evidence of this? I see people say it all the time, and I also see people say things like it "only saves them locally on the vehicle until/unless a service center reviews them." We know that our vehicles can be remotely diagnosed and some data is collected remotely, but I'm not really convinced that "bug report," "note," "bookmark," or any other command words cause data to be "sent to the mother ship for review." To be clear, when I ask for official evidence, I mean something in documentation from an official Tesla source. Hearing an OA, SA, or tech say this happens first-hand wouldn't be enough to convince me that people aren't unintentionally relaying bad information.

Reactions: Blastphemy