Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sentry Mode - Changing the sensitivity

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is there a way of decreasing the sensitivity of Sentry mode. I find if my Tesla Y is parked near any other item the Sentry mode is triggered every minute. Anything within 80 cm seems to trigger the Sentry mode.

But sadly, I dont think there is. If there is, I havent found it yet.
It will get better though. We used to not have the ability to view in the car, then we didnt have the ability to jump to the even that triggered sentry to record. I think soon we will be able to do much more with it.
I hope so. Even a cheap $50 dashcam on Amazon allows you to adjust sensitivity and while driving, even auto record an event triggered by G sensor.

Sentry mode sensitivity seems to be an ongoing issue. I get hundreds of events every night (see photo) sometimes they appear to be triggered by car headlights (I am parked in my driveway on a curve in the street) but mostly there is no obvious trigger. Does anyone have any idea if Tesla is looking in to this? Has anyone logged a service call about recording of multiple spurious sentry events?
B4F369EB-D649-474C-950C-780730ED3C4A.jpeg

Is there a way of decreasing the sensitivity of Sentry mode. I find if my Tesla Y is parked near any other item the Sentry mode is triggered every minute. Anything within 80 cm seems to trigger the Sentry mode.
You may want to consider setting Sentry Mode so it does not automatically activate at your home location. When Sentry Mode is active the Tesla vehicle draws ~10X as much power from the 12V systems, the Tesla never shuts down (does not enter sleep mode.) This is important because unless the Tesla vehicle periodically enters sleep mode, the high voltage battery pack is never disconnected, The Tesla battery management system (BMS) cannot accurately determine the Open Cell Voltage (OCV) of the cells in the battery pack unless disconnected from the vehicle. The Tesla vehicle's range estimate will not be accurate. The vehicle may shut down prematurely while driving.

I have a home security system with AI activity detection. It has lots of false alarms under various conditions -

1. Rain
2. Headlights shining through bushes casting shadows on a wall while the car moves
3. Very bright days where the shadows are very sharp casting through trees on the driveway
4. Bugs flying very close to the camera (moths or spiders on a web right in front are the worst)

Tesla is probably using similar AI object detection. The only sensitivity adjustment I have on the home system is pixel size,