Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sentry Mode / Consider me fairly upset new M3 owner

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My two month, one week, old Model 3LR was backed into at some point since Friday. I kept the car parked at home in my garage from about 9pm Friday night until this morning. I get to work and discover damage to the front bumper cover. I'm sure you all can imagine exactly how I felt in that moment. I think to myself, no problem, I leave sentry mode on everywhere except at home, so I'll simply review the footage. Well... it seems things are not quite that simple. I viewed the clips from my car only to find no entries for Friday, 07/15/2022. I eject the USB drive and try to see if I can find the files on my Mac only to discover there is no folder existing at all for that date. Some research, a purchase of Disk Drill, and several hours later and I managed to find the missing clips. Now my problem is that some of it seems to be corrupt because Quick Player will not pay some of the files. I have tried other video players, but nothing can play most of the .mp4 clips from that day. The very first time I really needed sentry mode, and it failed me. I hope this is not a sign of things to come with this car... I love the driving experience and understand there is nothing else quite like sentry mode on other vehicles. I do expect the features of a nearly $60k vehicle to WORK as advertised. Hopefully someone here will know how I could possible view these .mp4 files.

I agree that Sentry Mode basically sucks. The Dashcam viewer is junk and Tesla hasn't even tried to fix it. Instead now they want to focus on putting more games in our cars. You'd think safety would be their first priority. I'm getting more and more disillusioned with Tesla.