Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sentry mode crashed my AP - here’s the fix

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Vawlkus

Feb 28, 2017
Halifax
So yesterday when I began my drive home, I quickly noticed something strange: none of my AP systems were functioning. I had no TACC, no AP, and none of the other stuff was showing on my dash. No lane lines, no nearby traffic, nothing.

Did some calling to service and to a Tesla Ranger. What happened was Sentry mode was active that day, and because it was on, my AP system couldn’t reset properly and crashed. Soft reset & power down didn’t clear it.

What did bring my AP back was to disable Sentry mode, and power down the car to sleep level for two hours. After that, my AP worked fine.

There is a software patch to prevent this from happening coming, but in the meantime, this is something that people will need to watch out for.

We had our backup camera go black and AP vanish after driving out for a visit with some friends. Worked fine on the way up, one sentry event, not working.

Rebooting didn't have any effect. :-/

I had this problem. Keep Sentry Mode off if you can - just turn it off and don't try to turn it back on. For whatever reason, I did essentially what Vawlkus suggested but the problem did not go away for about 4 days to a week - then magically, it came back. Now, that said, I'm on AP2.0, but I won't try it again until I hear that there's a stable version running.