Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sentry mode/Dash Cam not working on User Profile (21 Refresh MS)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
On my MS Refresh LR, the dash cam / sentry mode works perfectly fine under my user, but on my wife's nothing is recorded at all. In the menu, all the settings are set to auto/on just like mine (no settings i different). So not sure why it works on one and not the other.

Anybody know why this would happen?

Are you saying the dashcam doesn’t record while driving with your wife’s profile, but it does for yours? Is the dashcam enabled (red dot in the icon) for both profiles? I’ve found that if you disable the dashcam, it won’t necessarily start up automatically on your next drive, so make sure it’s enabled for both profiles.

Are you saying the dashcam doesn’t record while driving with your wife’s profile, but it does for yours? Is the dashcam enabled (red dot in the icon) for both profiles? I’ve found that if you disable the dashcam, it won’t necessarily start up automatically on your next drive, so make sure it’s enabled for both profiles.
That is correct.

Under my profile, dash cam records, sentry mode works.

Under wifes profile, nothing is recording or works ( no dash cam footage, no sentry mode).. All her settings is a mirror to mine for all things related to the camera. Didnt want to delete the profile until i know i didnt miss somethign else.

Bringing this back up again.

Just got my model S back from PPF work. Got the latest update loaded up.. Deleted ALL users and re setup all the cards, phones and profiles.

I even replaced teh tesla USB drive with a samsung SSD drive as well.

Dash cam is NOT continuously working.. in an hour of driving, only recorded like 2 segments of 10 minuntes approxmiately. I have the setting to auto. Sentry mode is eradict as well.

Any suggestions?

Updating again. I have done a full reset. Its very strange. Now it ONLY records dashcam footage under my profile but when my wife is driving NOTHING is being recorded at all. This is after the full reset and setting up new users.

This is with both the tesla 128gig USB key and a new Samsung SSD 512gig.

DOes anybody have any similar issue where the dash cam works only under one driver and not the other? All settings are turned on for all drivers.