Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sentry Mode / Dashcam Issue

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey all! Since day 1 of our MY, sentry just does not work properly. It notifies us, but no videos are saved. Tried to reformat usb, no changes. Prior to that, it records dashcam and saves so I know it is not the usb. Sentry works because it notifies us. Idk what is wrong with it.

Got it serviced and waited for hours. It worked there. They have a video on the center when it worked. Got home and same thing. Notifies but no videos saved.

Seeviced the second time. Same day of mobile service, system updated. For some reason, when the guy came, it triggered the sentry and it SAVED a video. For the first time in forever. So we thought the update fixed it.

Same day, it did the same thing. Notified us but no video. Ugh.

Then, at one point today it said something about usb failing? Also, sentry video saved out of nowhere WHILE i was driving today. Idk sentry is on or working whilst driving.

Checked the usb into the computer. All videos in there are from today’s dashcam.

Idk what to do at this point. Everytime they service it, they keep saying it is working. The only time it worked seeing it with my eyes is when the mobile service guy came and approach my car. Same day my car updated software.

Yes, tried to restart the system as well.