Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sentry Mode/Dashcam recording USB for AP3/MCU1

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For those of you who are under the MCU1/HW3 combo - what are you using to view the dashcam footage? Is there something you did with specifivally did in formatting your USB drive? Thus far I know it's getting written, but I cannot seem to find a decent viewer that I can use on a Windows machine.

I actually like to use this web-viewer. It syncs all the cameras together and then plays it all at once so you see all sides. I noticed that it doesn't really play on google chrome so you might have to try EDGE/SAFARI.

TeslaCam Video WebApp Player

Reactions: TrevTremaine
Thanks for all the great info on this thread. I'm a 2017 Model X owner and recently upgraded to AP3 and MCU1. Something that isn't clear to me is if upgrading to MCU2 provides the rear camera for the Dashcam feature? Based on what I'm reading it would provide the in car viewer, but would it be limited to just the front and side cameras? Any input from other folks who have upgraded to AP3 and upgraded MCU2 would be much appreciated!

I have the same sentry view/record problem 2017 Model X P100D,and asked Tesla tech how do I view them on screen. The answer is below, and I dont fully understand it. Are they saying I have to upgrade via the app to the full self drive for 3.5k gbp and all will be done, (the car already has navigate on autopilot, auto parking, auto lane change and summon/smart summon.)
or are they sayng I have to upgrade to FSD and then also have the MCU upgraded which I assume is a visit to the service centre at another cost on top of the 3.5k.
And finally does it look like ill be paying 3.5k JUST for the ability to record all cameras for sentry and be able to view on the cars screen as it seems my car has the other features already. Seems a lot for me just for this?

thanks, email below

Good morning , just answering your dash cam question for you. So your vehicle has hardware 2.0 which does have the sentry feature but not able to record unless it's been upgraded to full self drive which will then put it to 3.0. For you to be able to view your footage on the MCU your MCU needs to be the transition MCU so it will also need upgrading. You can buy the MCU upgrade which will include the MCU Transition screen and driver assisted system 3.0 which should then allow you to record and view your footage on screen. Thanks, Tesla

I have the same sentry view/record problem 2017 Model X P100D,and asked Tesla tech how do I view them on screen. The answer is below, and I dont fully understand it. Are they saying I have to upgrade via the app to the full self drive for 3.5k gbp and all will be done, (the car already has navigate on autopilot, auto parking, auto lane change and summon/smart summon.)
or are they sayng I have to upgrade to FSD and then also have the MCU upgraded which I assume is a visit to the service centre at another cost on top of the 3.5k.
And finally does it look like ill be paying 3.5k JUST for the ability to record all cameras for sentry and be able to view on the cars screen as it seems my car has the other features already. Seems a lot for me just for this?

thanks, email below

Good morning , just answering your dash cam question for you. So your vehicle has hardware 2.0 which does have the sentry feature but not able to record unless it's been upgraded to full self drive which will then put it to 3.0. For you to be able to view your footage on the MCU your MCU needs to be the transition MCU so it will also need upgrading. You can buy the MCU upgrade which will include the MCU Transition screen and driver assisted system 3.0 which should then allow you to record and view your footage on screen. Thanks, Tesla
Yes to both in the underline.

It is on their upgrade page here: Infotainment Upgrade
s8TkdX8.jpg

Reactions: johnbol1
So, trying to clarify I need to get the infotainment upgrade £1700, and then also the FSD upgrade £3500 (in the app).
This would then get me the youtube,netflix, better "arcade" and updated visual displays and screen viewable Tesla cam plus whatver else the car uses it for and doesnt show me.

So, trying to clarify I need to get the infotainment upgrade £1700, and then also the FSD upgrade £3500 (in the app).
This would then get me the youtube,netflix, better "arcade" and updated visual displays and screen viewable Tesla cam plus whatver else the car uses it for and doesnt show me.
Request the MCU2 upgrade an AP 3.0 computer and see what they invoice you for. They may only charge for the MCU2 upgrade and install the FSD computer for free at the same time.