Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sentry mode event trigger 2020.24 (Plus others)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yep like that.

Not sure about sharing the internal camera....presumably just to prove auto-pilot wasn’t at fault because the driver wasn’t paying attention? Or to program the neural nets to recognise when the driver isn’t paying attention.

Reactions: davidmc
After a series of 'meh' updates, finally something worthwhile, if it doesn't end up braking more than it fixes. Any hint of speed sign recognition?

Not sure about sharing the internal camera....presumably just to prove auto-pilot wasn’t at fault because the driver wasn’t paying attention? Or to program the neural nets to recognise when the driver isn’t paying attention.

I suspect both and more. It's only a matter of time before Tesla are restricted in what they can do without greatly improving driver attention monitoring. Internal camera is the obvious solution - when we (where I use to work) were testing driver focus for various tests, we used internal driver facing camera.

Yep like that.

If you’d prefer not to participate with the internal camera you could always obscure it. Lots of little camera obscurers on eBay.

Also in the update is preconditioning for third-party charging and ability to disable walk-away-lock for “Home” location

there’s also some oddities in the pictures of this. Perhaps they’re normal in the version this location has?

9F2B3C77-0FC6-40C1-93AA-00CC778DC8E6.jpeg

Also in the update is preconditioning for third-party charging and ability to disable walk-away-lock for “Home” location

there’s also some oddities in the pictures of this. Perhaps they’re normal in the version this location has?

9F2B3C77-0FC6-40C1-93AA-00CC778DC8E6.jpeg
The ready is a Chinese UI feature.
Other symbol looks like 12v battery status.
Not sure about top left. Maybe pedestrian noise muted..?

TeslaScope shows it as being on 1 car in the United States, so we're probably some time away from seeing it rolling out over here :)

Problem with 3rd party charging is the small selection you can choose from in the car. If you can’t select the charger you’re going to you can’t precondition.
I don't know why there can't simply be a button on the navigation window, or wherever, so specify that you want to precondition on the way to the destination?

TeslaScope shows it as being on 1 car in the United States, so we're probably some time away from seeing it rolling out over here :)

I don't know why there can't simply be a button on the navigation window, or wherever, so specify that you want to precondition on the way to the destination?
It’s only designed for fast chargers. No benefits for 7kW etc so it’ll be their way of limiting people unnecessarily selecting it for their home chargers