Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sentry mode events

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When a Sentry Mode Alert state is triggered, the dashcam will save a folder of the last 10 minutes from each camera (if on v10 you'll have 4 cameras instead of 3). The triggering "event" should be in the last minute or two of the recording. Generally it's someone walking nearby or a car driving nearby. If there's a Sentry Mode Alarm state triggered, same applies. If you are parked near something that will reflect the headlights during the day (like a wall) or it's nighttime, you'll be able to tell when it was triggered by the headlights flashing. No audio, so you can't detect that on the video.

If I see a notice on my car's screen that an alert was triggered I'll just walk around the car for a quick inspection looking for any damage. Otherwise unless you want to see who's been near your car, it's generally time wasted to look through the video. I will occasionally watch a few of them just to see how the recording from the cameras is. For me it's been pretty decent and don't see the glitches I use to or hardly any zero or low kilobyte files recorded. I also will take a look at how much available space I have and make a judgment call about reformatting. I'm using a 128GB microSD Endurance card in a USB card reader. Been working flawlessly since I installed it at the beginning of TeslaCam software.

These here below are readers comments (on Electrek), following posting an article about further improving of the Tesla Sentry Mode- which is an automatic triggering of storing video of someone trying to break in, or vandalize the car.
In the name of God- this is a good one! :

Schnattger stevezonecs • 2 days ago
Thank you Elon and thank you Jesus.

MotoEV Schnattger • 2 days ago
Both will be pleased

Haggy Schnattger • 21 hours ago
I don't think that Jesus worked on the project. He's not on the payroll. Tesla has enough allegations against them for labor practices as is. I don't think that Jesus is in the United States legally. He's from the Middle East, has no passport, doesn't speak English, has no Social Security number, and is definitely the type that proponents of the wall want to keep out. He has no degrees, or anything that would put him in a preferred category for immigration. And his one claim to fame seems to be who his father is, and we all know where the current administration stands on chain migration. Plus his dad wasn't born in the United States either.

He's definitely not someone that anyone in the current administration would care to have around.

• Funny
Reactions: sefar
Does one have to watch through all clips to find what triggered the event? Flagging events or storing them in a different location would be very helpful.

No! Some say that you will get an alert on your phone if it thinks something is serious. These are pedestrians and cars going by! Sometimes even a flag in the wind. The videos stay on the drive, so you are safe if you discover something later.

BTW, I thought they were in different locations. At the very least, they are in separate folders and not overwritten by dashcam.

These here below are readers comments (on Electrek), following posting an article about further improving of the Tesla Sentry Mode- which is an automatic triggering of storing video of someone trying to break in, or vandalize the car.
In the name of God- this is a good one! :

Schnattger stevezonecs • 2 days ago
Thank you Elon and thank you Jesus.

MotoEV Schnattger • 2 days ago
Both will be pleased

Haggy Schnattger • 21 hours ago
I don't think that Jesus worked on the project. He's not on the payroll. Tesla has enough allegations against them for labor practices as is. I don't think that Jesus is in the United States legally. He's from the Middle East, has no passport, doesn't speak English, has no Social Security number, and is definitely the type that proponents of the wall want to keep out. He has no degrees, or anything that would put him in a preferred category for immigration. And his one claim to fame seems to be who his father is, and we all know where the current administration stands on chain migration. Plus his dad wasn't born in the United States either.

He's definitely not someone that anyone in the current administration would care to have around.

Having had one car suffer a rear window break in, I'm thankful TeslaCam and Sentry came out and keep improving and more people and hopefully perps are aware of it now. The addition of the rear camera, separate Sentry folder, and recording over of old files if capacity is reached, are all great improvements.

BTW regarding the comments from the articles readers above, I did get a chuckle from it. I guess we could add he likely couldn't afford to pay for insurance either.