Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sentry Mode: Exclude Home

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had the same problem with Google maps and the address and solved it by remembering location as home rather than address.
Off topic, I’d love to have sentry on at home at night only but can’t see a timer… Am I wrong? Id trade the farts for a sentry timer

How do you do that? I cannot see a way
Press and hold the red arrow. A box will pop up giving you the option to save as a favourite (star) or to navigate to that location (black arrow). Press on the black arrow - trust me.
Click on the navigate box and select Set Home. If home is already set press and hold home and you should be able to clear it. When home is clear you should see a drop down list of destinations. The one you just navigated to ( hopefully your current location) will be at the top of the list.

I think I may have got to the bottom of my version of this issue. I did post else where so apologies for repeating myself if you read the other post but I wanted to add here in case anyone else came searching and found this thread.
I sold my M3 on 2022.20 i.e. BEFORE roaming profiles and profile based navigation was added and bought an MY on 2022.24 when then had been introduced.
I added home the way I had before i.e. once but crucially did not realise that I now need to add home to BOTH my wife's profile and mine separately.
As a result every time my wife drove the car, when she got home it did not know it was home since she did not have a home.
After a week or so I started to notice the incidence of sentry being on at home seemed to be mainly ( maybe exclusively) after she had been driving. I switched to her profile and no home set.
I imagine if your car updated to 2022.24 it would automatically add the existing home to all existing profiles but I switched cars at exactly the wrong time so it never happened for me.
I am guessing though that others are going to have the same issue in future, both new owners and existing owners who move house etc.

• Informative
Reactions: candida and init6