Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

sentry mode exclude work

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I seem to have issues getting Exclude "Home, Work or Favorites" to function properly.

In the nav system of the car I have it set to exclude the above.
My work address is entered and in the IOS phone app the car is showing at this address but yet the sentry mode is still active.

Same at home, I've tried adding and deleting, toggling on and off.
Any hints?

Also the nav system never puts my car exactly at my house, it is at my neighbours even though it is parked in my garage.

Check that the car “thinks” it is in the correct location. A couple of times recently mine has got the location wrong! Perhaps a recent bug? The location fixed itself immediately on using the sat nav again.

I have similar issue intermittently. The app shows I am at the right home address. I have excluded home in sentry mode, but when I got warning and the battery is draining. If I turn it off completely then obviously I won't have the problem, but it's pita to turn off and on every time. I am on FSD beta 10.12, it could be a bug, and I don't recall seeing this before.

I have similar issue intermittently. The app shows I am at the right home address. I have excluded home in sentry mode, but when I got warning and the battery is draining. If I turn it off completely then obviously I won't have the problem, but it's pita to turn off and on every time. I am on FSD beta 10.12, it could be a bug, and I don't recall seeing this before.
One thing forgot to mention is, do not press the sentry icon on the MCU or turn on in the app if you want to exclude locations to work. If it is turned on then it overrides the excluded location even if you are at the location.