Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sentry mode false flashes whole night

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's been a month with my new Model Y and since last couple of days it has started acting weird during the night time.

While parked inside the garage, it reports like 250-300 events throughout the night and flashes headlights every other minute.

I have cleaned up the cameras and also did a reboot by pressing both buttons on the steering wheel.

I have no clue what's going on and there is no movements inside the garage that could trigger the senty mode.

Anyone else have experienced this in past?

It's been a month with my new Model Y and since last couple of days it has started acting weird during the night time.

While parked inside the garage, it reports like 250-300 events throughout the night and flashes headlights every other minute.

I have cleaned up the cameras and also did a reboot by pressing both buttons on the steering wheel.

I have no clue what's going on and there is no movements inside the garage that could trigger the senty mode.

Anyone else have experienced this in past?

How do you know there is no movement in the garage? Do you have a security cam in the garage you can line up with the time stamps for when the sentry is alerting?

Does sentry alert when parked in other places?

If it’s your own personal garage why do you feel you even need sentry enabled?

How do you know there is no movement in the garage? Do you have a security cam in the garage you can line up with the time stamps for when the sentry is alerting?

Does sentry alert when parked in other places?

If it’s your own personal garage why do you feel you even need sentry enabled?
Yes I have another camera and yes it does same while on the driveway and in the dark.
Just started happening 2-3 days ago.
Was ok until now since the car was purchased in first week of May.

And yes garage is personal but I just kept it on as it was working fine earlier.

Yes I have another camera and yes it does same while on the driveway and in the dark.
Just started happening 2-3 days ago.
Was ok until now since the car was purchased in first week of May.

And yes garage is personal but I just kept it on as it was working fine earlier.

The only other thing I can think to do is look at the recordings and see if you can determine what is tripping the sentry. If you can't see anything in the recordings report it to service.

Reactions: brar