Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sentry Mode for EAP equipped vehicles

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

PoitNarf

My dog's breath smells like dog food
Jun 7, 2016
NJ
Elon says Sentry Mode is coming “soon”:

Elon Musk on Twitter

C541C74A-6DF5-498A-81D1-7771CDBA76D5.jpeg

I’m guessing this will be something you can enable for 24/7 recording of all exterior cameras. I wonder how big of a hit that will be on range.

Is there any good software out there that would be able to easily stitch together video from all of the exterior cameras into one of those 360 degree videos you see on YouTube?

Great, this is progress but they also need to provide security for the trunk by providing security for the rear seat releases. As many CA owners have stated, having a video of a crime against your car doesn't get the police to take any action.

Elon says Sentry Mode is coming “soon”:

Elon Musk on Twitter

View attachment 370961

I’m guessing this will be something you can enable for 24/7 recording of all exterior cameras. I wonder how big of a hit that will be on range.

Is there any good software out there that would be able to easily stitch together video from all of the exterior cameras into one of those 360 degree videos you see on YouTube?

I hope that it's not 24/7 recording, but that it records if it detects movement near the car. Maybe use the neural network to identify if it's a person or car.

That way if someone gets close you can get a push notification, and then you can use summons yourself to run them over.

But what exactly is it? 360 video for cars is patented and I doubt Tesla is willing to license it.

I think you are confusing this with the overhead 360 parking view some cars offer.

The Model 3 is incapable of offering that feature as the cameras aren't the right type or angle for it.

This would be using all 8 cameras to take 360 degree video "pointing out" from the car for security reasons, like having 8 dashcams covering all around you- not the overhead 360 thing.