Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sentry Mode for US Model X

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered the $2k AP yesterday and it was activated immediately. In a few hours, I got 2019.5.16 pushed to my X. I guess somehow the purchase pushed me up to the front of the queue... the update is for dog mode and blind spot chime only, no sentry mode.

I received an update 2-3 days ago, I live in the SF Bay Area in California. Version 2019.5.15. Took at hour and a half on WiFi.
Has dog mode, ability to close rear view mirrors based on geography, and a cold weather utility feature. The ventilation/seat heater/AC configuration under the fan icon has changed completely, and it is going to take me some time to get used to it.
No Sentry mode yet.
Driving to Monterey Service Center tomorrow to have the Enhanced Auto Theft device installed in the car.
Mike P

Blind spot chime does not work for me. I tried rebooting twice. I tried turning the preference on and off, I tried on the highway and side streets. The cars now turn red but I can't get the chime to sound! Anyone else?

I like to think of it as an Easter Egg, not a bug :)

If you want an Easter egg...go into the app & touch the battery with 121 miles left.
Screenshot_20190312-081426.png

Reactions: ChrML and Berrichon
I heard the chime one time today, but it was when I had the blinker on, and I also proceeded to move into the lane where there was a car in my blind spot. I suppose the chime doesn't sound every time you use your blinker, but rather when you actually are changing lanes into another car?

Is Stop Light Warning for FSD people only?
No. I only have AP (ordered recently for $2k). The release note says “autosteer stop light warning and sentry mode”.
I also noted that the dashboard will now display adjacent lane, compared to only one lane (the lane you were on) before. I read somewhere people with FSD has this from the start, but for AP only this is a good improvement.

Last edited: