Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sentry Mode for US Model X

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Cool. Thanks for the update. I am still on 2018.50.7 though.
It’s funny that I complained for staying on 2018.49.* forever, but when I purchased AP, the car actually activated the whole EAP suite, including Summon and NoAp. I was thinking how long I get to keep them, then 2 hours after AP activation, I got an update which gives me 2019.5.15 and took away the extra EAP features. I think the AP purchase probably triggered something to “move me up in the queue”, so to speak. Yeah, I jumped from 2018.49.* directly to 2019.5.15, then yesterday to 2019.8.3.

I’m curious how the sentry mode looks.. dog mode in the model 3 looked quite amazing, and yet when it came to the X and S it didn’t look quite as good. Almost as if it was designed for the 3 and then optomized for S/X. It appeared a bit off center on my screen. Hoping Sentry Mode looks just as awesome as it does on the 3. I desperately want this update! It would be so helpful parking on the streets of NYC....

Getting videos from the front, left and right cameras. Looks good based on initial testing. I tried to "break-in" by pressing the door handle and hitting the car a few times with my elbow but neither triggered the loud music. Perhaps, I did not use enough force.
Not sure how much battery drain this will cause though. Seems to blink the headlights and keep the screen turned on every time it senses any motion.
Good timing to get this update as we are going on a vacation in a couple of weeks.

• Informative
Reactions: frank-datank
Got 2019.8.3 last night, Sentry Mode looks good!

x-sentry.jpg

Got 19.8 3 this morning.... Sentry is active!!!
Wheeee!!!

Had dog mode since 2019.5.15

Supposed to see stop lights now too BUT does NOT brake for them. Just alerts you if you're in Auto-Steer - still testing that.

NoAP works better now than ever before.

My bad .I shouldn't have said "puppy mode" .I was referring to the enhanced summon mode in which according to Elon's tweet, the car will follow and find you like a puppy.

Ohhhh...! I'm also really looking forward to that (aka advanced summon). Some of the recent videos look to be improved over the first few that rolled out. I know its early, and there are lots of conditions to consider, but pretty cool stuff either way.

Received 2019.8.3 da116a6 update last night on wife's X. I won't have time to check it out until we get home later this evening. Sentry mode does show up in the App now.
Went out to wife's work this afternoon. Since our windows are tinted, it's very hard to see Hal red light. Banged on the glass, roof and near the front with no alarm going off. I have to take a look at the recordings tonight to see if there was any recording. Some what disappointing.

Getting videos from the front, left and right cameras. Looks good based on initial testing. I tried to "break-in" by pressing the door handle and hitting the car a few times with my elbow but neither triggered the loud music. Perhaps, I did not use enough force.
Not sure how much battery drain this will cause though. Seems to blink the headlights and keep the screen turned on every time it senses any motion.
Good timing to get this update as we are going on a vacation in a couple of weeks.

Are your getting video after you walk away and the car goes to sleep?

Went out to wife's work this afternoon. Since our windows are tinted, it's very hard to see Hal red light. Banged on the glass, roof and near the front with no alarm going off. I have to take a look at the recordings tonight to see if there was any recording. Some what disappointing.
Got it to work. Boy was it loud, scared us both.

Got 2019.8.3 last night, Sentry Mode looks good!

View attachment 390814
Keep an eye on your USB Drives - I've been told The Sentry videos do not overwrite - so Once the drives fill up, TeslaCam will no longer work.

I checked out the Sentry Videos last night - I look like I weigh 300 pounds - Thanks Tesla :mad:

I can attest to this. My dashcam filled up and the cam stopped working. I found no way to delete the old footage... anybody know a solution to this? Also, I’m updating to 19.8.3 as we speak! Lets talk about what triggers the music and white screen. My friends new SR RWD m3 had the same issue. We tried to bang on it and shake the car but it didnt set off any alarms. I’m wondering if there needs to be a physical break in for the alarms to go off, which would be unfortunate because sentry mood would have been incredibly useful to me 3 months ago when my front license plate was stolen off my car.