Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sentry mode gone crazy

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I woke up this morning to 607 sentry events. It seems to have recorded a clip every minute since I parked up last night. Has anyone experienced this before?

I was parked in a hotel car park but in a quiet area so it wasn't caused by people walking by. There was a good gap to the cars either side. The only thing I can think of is there was a bush behind me and maybe it was picking this up?

It can be triggered by naturally occurring events and the bush would fit that bill. It does seem particularly sensitive if a light is partially obscured by a moving object, rain, branch etc. 607 is unusually high even in those conditions, so maybe something else going on.

I woke up this morning to 607 sentry events. It seems to have recorded a clip every minute since I parked up last night. Has anyone experienced this before?

I was parked in a hotel car park but in a quiet area so it wasn't caused by people walking by. There was a good gap to the cars either side. The only thing I can think of is there was a bush behind me and maybe it was picking this up?
If you viewed a couple of the clips wouldn't this give you the answer?

It can be triggered by naturally occurring events and the bush would fit that bill. It does seem particularly sensitive if a light is partially obscured by a moving object, rain, branch etc. 607 is unusually high even in those conditions, so maybe something else going on.
It seemed to be a still night, couldn't see much movement going on so a little confused by it.
If you viewed a couple of the clips wouldn't this give you the answer?
I looked at around a dozen of them from various points over the night and couldn't see any movement. Interestingly none of the clips had the red dot on the timeline

I had something similar once. It started when the street lights switched on and stopped when they switched off. I don't think it was the lights alone though can't be sure. It was windy and I think a tree branch was waving between the car and a street light and was causing a flickering light all night that kept triggering it

Reactions: amnlinc

Snap. I had to move the clock in my garage otherwise an alert every minute :p

• Funny
Reactions: Dunstan and GRiLLA
Have had this (reason it’s disabled at home) - it was picking up steam from boiler vent and triggering sentry!

If there’s bushes or trees that are in certain positions it seems to trigger as well - if you don’t get the little red dot I think it might be because of constant movement upsetting it?

At least I'm not alone with the issue :D I will have to park in a different position tonight and see if it helps. The first night at the hotel was fine, just had the 2 notifications as vehicles were moving

Something to consider is the possibility of the lights flashing - they only get triggered at the higher levels of sentry event, but an often requested feature is the ability to disable the flash either to avoid drawing attention to the car or in your case flashing lights into other guests rooms.

Something to consider is the possibility of the lights flashing - they only get triggered at the higher levels of sentry event, but an often requested feature is the ability to disable the flash either to avoid drawing attention to the car or in your case flashing lights into other guests rooms.
:D That would make me popular, I might park the other way around just in case. Unfortunately this is probably the last time I will get the use of the car during the week as my wife is claiming it as hers from next week :(

I cant leave mine on at home, Even though on a drive I'm side on to a road and car headlights seem so set it off as they "flash" by. If I point the car 25deg away from the road it stops the false records, but that's not practical. So "off" at home