Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sentry Mode, how far back do the recordings go?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi, I’m after advice with the standard USB stick for sentry mode.

I’m away on holiday at the moment, I have an incident saved on sentry mode from today but it wasn’t triggered as an event. So I can only retrieve the footage on a computer, not the in car display as far as I’m aware.

How long does the standard USB stick hold footage for before overwriting? I don’t really want to pull the stick as I don’t have a replacement for it for the drive home, but I have no device with me that I can back it up to either…

If you really want to ensure you have "whatever it is" thats on there now, you need to pull the stick. I think its 60 minutes of recording, but am not sure.

USB devices are sold in grocery stores etc here in the USA, so it should be possible to find one to purchase wherever you are that you could use on the drive home. Even if you never used it again, if you "must" have whatever it is that is on there now, that would be safer than expecting it to still be there after driving home.

Reactions: Shane1905
Upvote 0
I have an incident saved on sentry mode from today but it wasn’t triggered as an event.
What do you mean exactly by not triggered as an event? You can use the dashcam viewer in the car to see both Sentry and other dashcam recordings. The Sentry recordings are saved until disk space is needed, but only an hour of other dashcam footage is saved unless you explicitly save it.

Upvote 0